5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trailer Tow package gone on Limiteds? Delay in submitting 22 order?

Snowwolfe

Reaction score
Visited local dealer yesterday, no Limiteds in stock. Tried to order a 21, window closed. Plugged in order for a 22 and it would only accept the tan colored interior. Sales guy said since the 22 window just opened It might take a week or so before all the options are available. They will try to submit the order again next week.
After 40 years of owning Fords.......Goodbye Ford, Hello RAM

Seems for the present the Tow package on the Limited is gone. The guy who orders the trucks went over every computer screen there is and there was no mention of the option. He thinks for the time being everything that was included in this option is now stock on the Limited. I was able to see the same screens he was looking at and no Tow package option.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome!

I thought I read on here recently that someone else couldn’t even order it on their ‘21 due to the chip shortage.

Snowwolfe

Reaction score
The gent doing the ordering printed out what was standard on the 22 Limited and it now includes:
7 pin wiring harness
Class IV hitch
Engine oil cooler
Front stabilizer bar
Heavy Duty rear shocks
Rear stabilizer bar
Trailer sway damping

No mention of trans cooler anywhere. I did add the brake controller to the order. I only tow a 5,000 boat occasionally so not a deal breaker. But still, would rather have it than not.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The gent doing the ordering printed out what was standard on the 22 Limited and it now includes:
7 pin wiring harness
Class IV hitch
Engine oil cooler
Front stabilizer bar
Heavy Duty rear shocks
Rear stabilizer bar
Trailer sway damping

No mention of trans cooler anywhere. I did add the brake controller to the order. I only tow a 5,000 boat occasionally so not a deal breaker. But still, would rather have it than not.

Everything on that list was previously standard. Transmission cooler is standard too

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If this is the case then what did the tow package add other than the brake controller and TPMS system?
Trailer Tow Group includes:
  • Trailer Brake-Controller
  • Trailer Light Check
  • Trailer Reverse Steering Control
  • Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring System

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Visited local dealer yesterday, no Limiteds in stock. Tried to order a 21, window closed. Plugged in order for a 22 and it would only accept the tan colored interior. Sales guy said since the 22 window just opened It might take a week or so before all the options are available. They will try to submit the order again next week.
After 40 years of owning Fords.......Goodbye Ford, Hello RAM

Seems for the present the Tow package on the Limited is gone. The guy who orders the trucks went over every computer screen there is and there was no mention of the option. He thinks for the time being everything that was included in this option is now stock on the Limited. I was able to see the same screens he was looking at and no Tow package option.
I'm about to sell my 19' Ltd 4x to Vroom, it has 13.5k pampered garage kept miles. Won't fit in our next house garage, hence the sale... (Update - maybe not. Autonation is higher and local dealer isn't giving up either).
You'll really like a Ltd, it is/was a wonderful riding and beautiful interior truck!
You can get the 3.21 if you don't tow heavy, and then enjoy the better mpg's. I avg 20-21 with the straight hemi.

Last edited by a moderator:

Snowwolfe

Reaction score
Mirrors look hideous. There was a truck on the lot with them. After seeing how ugly they were scratched them off the order specs.

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mirrors look hideous. There was a truck on the lot with them. After seeing how ugly they were scratched them off the order specs.
I agree they are NG...the thing is though, you don't really need them. I towed my TT out to Sturgis from MA last year and back. Never felt I needed any more mirror.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score

They are ugly but useful if you tow.

The standard are adequate but wish I had just a little more mirror when towing my TT

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm about to sell my 19' Ltd 4x to Vroom, it has 13.5k pampered garage kept miles. Won't fit in our next house garage, hence the sale... (Update - maybe not. Autonation is higher and local dealer isn't giving up either).
You'll really like a Ltd, it is/was a wonderful riding and beautiful interior truck!
You can get the 3.21 if you don't tow heavy, and then enjoy the better mpg's. I avg 20-21 with the straight hemi.
I tow a sixteen foot double axle trailer, tractor with loader and flail mower with my Quad Cab and 3.21 gears, and it does fine. Total weight is approximately 6600 lbs. Like Willwork4truck, I get 20-22 MPG average when not towing.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 050190 miles.

Users who are viewing this thread