5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trailer Reverse Steering

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
After using the TRS for the last year I came to a conclusion is mostly a useless option. I find myself just skipping it and backing my boat and trailers without. About half the time TRS lost the calibration with the trailer and wouldn’t work anyway especially after the boat is removed from the trailer which in my case totally defeats the purpose of having the option.

Last edited:

TAK

Reaction score
I have a 21 foot boat...it hooks up right away and nice to use . Now on my 22 foot Airstream it hardly ever hooks up and I do it the old fashion way. Go figure.

Fbird

Reaction score
new here...new to dodge....NOT new to backing ch*t up.....so instead of holding the steering wheel you use a little knob.....WTH....simply take your hand off the top of the steering wheel and put it on the bottom....BTW I will make an spp and only charge $4.25 per use to help guide those that can't.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
new here...new to dodge....NOT new to backing ch*t up.....so instead of holding the steering wheel you use a little knob.....WTH....simply take your hand off the top of the steering wheel and put it on the bottom....BTW I will make an spp and only charge $4.25 per use to help guide those that can't.

Dodge trucks never had trailer reverse steering. 🙄

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/