5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trailer Light Check Option?

irishwake63

Reaction score
No, you can't select it without getting TRSC. I've actually found TRSC to be more useful than I thought it'd be.
I like it to an extent but then again I have to re calibrated it every time I want to use it

Reaction score
Can’t really go by what alfaobd calls it, and doubt the dealer would replace with different model year BCM part number unless specifically told to do so (outside of warranty).
When you read your bcm system ID, what is the hardware number of the bcm?
68444252AE

FrisianRedneck

Reaction score
Maybe it's a bit off topic, so sorry for that.

But can anyone tell me, how the RAM detects that a trailer is hitched and how it is "reacting"?

From my previous cars (Ford Ranger and Chevy Express) I got used to it, that as soon as the trailer is plugged in, the car detects it and, for example deactivates the rear PDC. But when is connect a trailer to my RAM, it does nothing. The ITBM is installed from factory and the car also has a trailer menu in the instrument cluster counting the trailer miles.

So, my idea is, when the car came to Germany and the dealer installed the German 13 pin trailer connector, they just took the wires from the rear lights, so the car can't tell, that there's a trailer connect. Now I would like to get some wires from the factory US connector (4/7 pin) to the German connector, hoping that this will do the job.

Is anybody out there, who can confirm my thoughts and tell me, which wires I should use?

Thanks and best regards

Simon

Users who are viewing this thread