5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trailer Brake Controller Install

Riley1

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've got a 2021 1500 Limited which did not have a brake controller. With help from this group it I got it installed. I should have my bypass cable and OBD reader tomorrow. When I went to find the plug for the back of the controller I also found the circled plug taped up with it. Does anyone know what it's for?

Thanks,
Rick

Mystery Plug.jpg

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've got a 2021 1500 Limited which did not have a brake controller. With help from this group it I got it installed. I should have my bypass cable and OBD reader tomorrow. When I went to find the plug for the back of the controller I also found the circled plug taped up with it. Does anyone know what it's for?

Thanks,
Rick

View attachment 162053
I dont think those are for th brake controller. Plugs look like this.
brake controller.jpg

Riley1

Reaction score
I dont think those are for th brake controller. Plugs look like this.
View attachment 162054
The big one I showed plugs into the back of the switch on the dash, no doubt about that. You don't show the back of the switch. My module is already installed with plugs under the dash. I'm just curious what the other plug is for.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all,

Thanks,
Rick

View attachment 162053
The circled one would be for the trailer reverse steering control knob.

Riley1

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Is this something that can be easily added or not worth the bother? I just bought a travel trailer and any assist with backing I'll take.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online