5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trailer back-up camera using UConnect

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am getting a travel trailer this spring and interested in adding a backup camera to the trailer. There are lots of wireless options with displays but I would prefer to use the 12" UConnect screen. Are there options that use the Aux 1 or Aux 2 camera input?

c_bass16

Reaction score
I just had a customer trying to work this out today and we're exploring options. He's got a 23 Rebel 2500 with 12" screen, Aux 1 and Aux two.
Has the Tow Tech group as well as the 5th Wheel Prep pkg with the 12pin connection but NOT the Digital Rear View Mirror (which seems to be the best way to have a camera on a trailer)

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just had a customer trying to work this out today and we're exploring options. He's got a 23 Rebel 2500 with 12" screen, Aux 1 and Aux two.
Has the Tow Tech group as well as the 5th Wheel Prep pkg with the 12pin connection but NOT the Digital Rear View Mirror (which seems to be the best way to have a camera on a trailer)
I have the integrated brake controller and trailer menu pages ad well as aux 1 and aux 2 bit no additional port at the rear bumper. Seems like those 2 aux camera options in UConnect should be able to somehow link to a trailer camera. I may end up with a seperate screen for a wireless camera which seems crazy with that big screen.

Csdaytona

Reaction score
I have the integrated brake controller and trailer menu pages ad well as aux 1 and aux 2 bit no additional port at the rear bumper. Seems like those 2 aux camera options in UConnect should be able to somehow link to a trailer camera. I may end up with a seperate screen for a wireless camera which seems crazy with that big screen.
I'm interested in this also, travel trailer rear camera feed on the 12 inch uconnect. Any update on this?

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Haven't heard anything on this or a similar post about aux cameras. From what I've gleaned on the internet it seems the aux 1 and aux 2 are basically not used unless you have the very pricing trailer camera prep package from the factory or install OEM aftermarket.

Camper1

Reaction score
This part gives you the option, to see the trailer camera on factory radio

Attachments

• Trailer camera Mopar.png
    Trailer camera Mopar.png
    202.5 KB · Views: 34

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This part gives you the option, to see the trailer camera on factory radio
This part will only give you the option if your truck has the trailer camera prep package ($590 option) and then have this part ($1,500 part) for a total cost of over 2k for a trailer backup camera. If like me you don't have the prep kit from the factory it is much more complex and likely expensive. Would be really nice to ha e a simpler and less expensive option to connect aftermarket trailer cameras to the Uconnect5 system.

Users who are viewing this thread