5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Traditional Bedrug or Impact

Pressgrove

Reaction score
I've read hundreds of posts, reviews, etc. on bed liners and have settled on a Bedrug. I've had a drop-in and Line-X in previous trucks. I had assumed I'd do Line-X again, but after discovering Bedrug on this forum, I'm sold.

Now I'm torn between the standard traditional Bedrug or the one with the Impact mat built into it. I can't find a decent comparison anywhere.

It will be under a hard cover and probably not used all that much. It appears they are priced the same so no push either way from that.

Anyone seen both or been in a similar dilemma? What did you choose? Why?

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've read hundreds of posts, reviews, etc. on bed liners and have settled on a Bedrug. I've had a drop-in and Line-X in previous trucks. I had assumed I'd do Line-X again, but after discovering Bedrug on this forum, I'm sold.

Now I'm torn between the standard traditional Bedrug or the one with the Impact mat built into it. I can't find a decent comparison anywhere.

It will be under a hard cover and probably not used all that much. It appears they are priced the same so no push either way from that.

Anyone seen both or been in a similar dilemma? What did you choose? Why?
Guess I am anal, because my truck, 2019 Ram Limited, came with factory spray in liner. I purchased the Bedrug for the bed and tailgate, because I did not want to mess up my "spray in lining". Yea, I know, go figure. But I really like it, for a couple of reasons. I can easily slide my kayak into the truck bed because the Bedrug is so smooth. Secondly, it is so kind on the knees when you have to crawl into the truck bed for some reason. It appears to be very durable and should last a long time under my normal usage. If I ever want to hall something messy such as dirt or mulch, I know I can leave it in and it will clean up, but I will probably slip it out, use the truck bed and reinstall. I do have a hard cover on my short bed, an Undercover model.

Reactions: mch

Pressgrove

Reaction score
Guess I am anal, because my truck, 2019 Ram Limited, came with factory spray in liner. I purchased the Bedrug for the bed and tailgate, because I did not want to mess up my "spray in lining". Yea, I know, go figure. But I really like it, for a couple of reasons. I can easily slide my kayak into the truck bed because the Bedrug is so smooth. Secondly, it is so kind on the knees when you have to crawl into the truck bed for some reason. It appears to be very durable and should last a long time under my normal usage. If I ever want to hall something messy such as dirt or mulch, I know I can leave it in and it will clean up, but I will probably slip it out, use the truck bed and reinstall. I do have a hard cover on my short bed, an Undercover model.

Did you get the "classic" bedrug or the newer Impact mat?

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you get the "classic" bedrug or the newer Impact mat?
I purchased my Bedrug in September 2018, so it is the Classic, I would say. They did not offer the Impact mat when I purchased. For my uses, had it been available, I would have still chosen the Classic. I don't plan on carrying any extremely heavy or sharp edge loads in my truck.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went with the impact liner, but I never had a “standard” one so cannot offer a comparison. However, I like it a lot. The composite floor and tailgate cover looks really good and it is still easy on the knees. I like that it’s ridgid and conforms to the contours of the bed perfectly. Its also very easy to keep clean. I recommend it, but I don’t think you can go wrong with either one.

Hadaway35

Reaction score
I wrote them and they sent me samples of each. After getting the samples I went with the bedrug XLT. The impact has a very hard coating almost like a bed liner sprayed on it. I wanted something a little softer so the kids can crawl around in there while we're camping.

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk

Pressgrove

Reaction score
Decided on the classic Bedrug. Ordered it today (and a Lomax cover). I won't use the bed for much. when I do, this will probably be more suitable.

BTW, I got them from Truck Alterations. I got a great price on both (less than I found them published or discounted anywhere).

buckeyeboy

Reaction score
Good thread. Here is my opinion:
I just installed the impact liner on a '19 1500 6ft 4 in bed. The base material is the impact liner, and the attached side walls are the traditional XLT Bedrug material so I have just seen both materials first hand. I keep a hard 3 piece tonneau mounted, so this liner isn't for display.
If you want durability, the impact liner is tougher looking, no doubt, and it will absolutely clean easier (it is a hard "plastic"-type surface, vs. a "carpet-looking" base.)The color is close to the XLT "Carpet-looking" sides, but light reacts differently to surfaces.
The impact liner is much stiffer, so the XLT would probably be slightly easier to install, but that shouldn't be the factor. If you don't plan to haul lumber (with tons of sawdust clinging), Bags of mulch they discount because they have a small hole, firewood, any bulk loose material, or things that leak and drop dirt, maybe get the original XLT, and if you want it to look just a little bit nicer. If I planned on sleeping in the bed, I'd maybe get the XLT (even though this seems to have has the same padding beneath it). But if you want a more durable (and a faster and easier to clean) liner that STILL look great? Probably the Impact.
I'm thrilled with bedrug liners, and I know made the right choice. The first time you will fall in love with your bedrug liner is when you install it. Working on your knees adding tape to and aligning two surfaces and sliding all over the now CUSHIONED bed really feels GREAT to work on, and so does seeing the good looking results.
Highly recommended for normal to moderate use. Hope this opinion helps someone a little.
(This 5th Gen Ram site is really a great, useful forum for so many questions!)

Attachments

• bedrug gate.jpg
    bedrug gate.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 184
  • bedrug liner.jpg
    bedrug liner.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:

tobyw

Reaction score
Just installed a Bedrug in mine over the weekend. I use my truck to haul many things, but never to haul gravel/mulch or any sort of loose material like that. I also do camp in the open bed sometimes, so this fit my needs quite well and I'm happy with how it turned out!

IMG_4796.JPG

Carnut12

Reaction score
Decided on the classic Bedrug. Ordered it today (and a Lomax cover). I won't use the bed for much. when I do, this will probably be more suitable.

BTW, I got them from Truck Alterations. I got a great price on both (less than I found them published or discounted anywhere).

I bought the same combination Bedrug and Lomax, I like the Lomax a lot better then the Bakflip I had on my last truck.

Murph

Reaction score
I had the full BedRug in my 2013 Ram and loved it, but now have a 19 with spray in and cargo rails. Was considering the BegRug pad only to provides comfort and the rug limits sliding, plus it looks good. Anyone have experience with just the BedRug Pad?

Carnut12

Reaction score
I had the full BedRug in my 2013 Ram and loved it, but now have a 19 with spray in and cargo rails. Was considering the BegRug pad only to provides comfort and the rug limits sliding, plus it looks good. Anyone have experience with just the BedRug Pad?
I haven’t installed it yet, but I have the Bedrug XLT, I have the factory spray in liner and BUG so like you I didn’t want to mess with the sides. The XLT is the bed floor plus the tailgate.

Murph

Reaction score
I haven’t installed it yet, but I have the Bedrug XLT, I have the factory spray in liner and BUG so like you I didn’t want to mess with the sides. The XLT is the bed floor plus the tailgate.
Please post once you installed

buckeyeboy

Reaction score
Just installed a Bedrug in mine over the weekend. I use my truck to haul many things, but never to haul gravel/mulch or any sort of loose material like that. I also do camp in the open bed sometimes, so this fit my needs quite well and I'm happy with how it turned out!

View attachment 35500
It really is... prettier

Amazing93

Reaction score
I have the classic bedrug in mine. This is my second one in a ram. I love it. Never any problems looks clean it's easy on the knees. Things dont slide as much. Just an awesome product.

Users who are viewing this thread