5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Traditional Bedrug or Impact

Captain Stack

Reaction score
Looks good, tight and clean. Nice work.
It Goes in great, doesn't it.
Yes, the install is painless. I would have preferred the regular liner instead of the "impact" liner as the impact liner (as shown) is harder on the knees, albeit definitely softer than the spray-in liner that is below it. The impact liner is a little cheaper, but paying the extra money for the carpeted floor would be advisable.

BoudinBall

Reaction score
I’m bumping this old thread because I can’t seem to find many comparisons between the traditional Bedrug and the Impact version. I’m leaning towards the impact version but I’m curious about how it’s held up. Does the plastic fade? Do things slide around while driving? Is it an advantage over the traditional material?

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m bumping this old thread because I can’t seem to find many comparisons between the traditional Bedrug and the Impact version. I’m leaning towards the impact version but I’m curious about how it’s held up. Does the plastic fade? Do things slide around while driving? Is it an advantage over the traditional material?
I’ve had my impact liner for over 2 years now and highly recommend it.

It’s held up very well. It still looks very good. I haven’t noticed any fading.

I use my truck as a truck, I take it to the dump weekly, haul fire wood, etc. it’s easy to clean, it’s easy on the knees and it’s very durable.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have the none impact, truck also has the factory spray in liner. I didn't get the impact because its harder and cargo will slide around whereas the regular bedrug holds cargo in place.

If you haul items that will rip or tear carpet or haul dirt, mulch ect, the impact version will be better

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the none impact, truck also has the factory spray in liner. I didn't get the impact because its harder and cargo will slide around whereas the regular bedrug holds cargo in place.

If you haul items that will rip or tear carpet or haul dirt, mulch ect, the impact version will be better
I really don’t find that cargo slides around too much with the Impact Liner.. it’s textured and a little bit soft, not hard plastic like a drop in liner. I haul stuff quite a bit and haven’t had any issues. Of course, for big items, I ratchet strap them down anyway.

Last edited:

BoudinBall

Reaction score
Anyone carry fishing gear with the traditional rug? Do treble hooks get stuck in it?

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Fantastic pics in this thread guys, thanks. So, I already have a rubber mat in my bed. If I get the regular Bedrug would my rubber mat lay down on top of that just fine? I'm considering doing that instead of going with the Impact version.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Fantastic pics in this thread guys, thanks. So, I already have a rubber mat in my bed. If I get the regular Bedrug would my rubber mat lay down on top of that just fine? I'm considering doing that instead of going with the Impact version.
My bed is set up this way. I have the Impact Bedrug with my MOPAR mat on it and it is awesome. Nothing moves at all and the mat sits just perfectly flat.
You’ll be fine! Good luck👍

Attachments

• 20210824_214848.jpg
    20210824_214848.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have had both the classic full bedrug and the bedrug XLT (current set-up is the XLT installed over a factory spray liner). I run a topper/cap with a carpet headliner as I often camp and/or transport dogs in the bed of my truck but I also frequently haul materials in my bed including leaves, mulch, dirt etc.
-For camping in the bed a bedrug with a topper with headliner looks good, deadens sound and controls condensation/moisture very well and makes for a sfter level sleeping surface.
-For hauling equipment the bedrug makes loading and securing easier as it pads the bed and helps keep things from sliding around.
-For hauling leaves, mulch, dirt it is not ideal as it does grab these materials but unless that is the majority of your use I believe it is worth the benefits during other use. I have never had an issue cleaning the bedrug with a broom or vacuum and have always been able to keep it clean and it does not have any issues with spills like gasoline etc. so I find it to be an excellent product.

Users who are viewing this thread