5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trade the Ram??

ldoh

Reaction score
Don't hesitate to correct my recollection....

Nissan's 'Diesel Goodness' campaign could be considered a conjured-up failure. Nissan hired Ram Truck's Fred Diaz who had a hair brained business plan of satisfying a niche need for tweener truck owners - those moving between half and 3/4 ton purchases. The solution was to gussy up the old inefficient 5.0 cummins v8. It was a solution few were asking for. The Titan diesel forums had their share of complaints about the 5.0L and transmission as well as Nissan's lack of timely solutions.

Prior to all of this many were hoping Nissan would follow through with the EPA/Nissan/cummins' work on the more efficient 4 cylinder diesel. Apparently all of that was for naught.

Since his Nissan days, Diaz has been fired from Mitsubishi and now holding down a director job for an Atlanta landscape supply business.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I lost any interest in Nissan when they stopped making the Xterra. Now those were fun off-road.
My brother has a 2014 manual Pro4X Xterra that he wants to sell for a Gladiator. I told him to just buy a small trailer and keep the X, but it's his daily driver so he wants more convenience. The thing's a beast, but his is rare enough in the Used market that he can get a great price on it.

Users who are viewing this thread