5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trade in program for Etorque that’s what needs to happen!

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Does anyone have any insight on when the E-torque motors will be back in stock? I have a 2020 Ram, back in September (3,000 miles) I took it in to have an oil leak fixed and the dealership said that the E-torque motor was grinding and it needed a new one. Between then and early December (7,000 miles) the E-torque motor turned into a loud screeching sound and eventually it froze up and burned the serpentine belt off. Up until it went completely out, I was instructed to keep driving it because the part was not available. Now its been out of commission since December 13, and the part availability date has been changed 3 times since then. Just wondering if anyone knew what was going on with why they cant fix the truck. The dealership and Ram rep haven't been much help so far.

The warranty isn't much help when it doesn't cover a loaner and they won't fix the vehicle.
Contact a Lemon-law Attorney. You'll either get all your money refunded so you can buy a new truck, or they'll suddenly find the parts.

BowDown

Reaction score
I was referring specifically to the eTorque’s cooling system for the 48V battery.

Guess what I’m trying to say is the blanket statement of “eTorque is covered under the 8yr/80k federal emissions” is only partially true. Yes, some parts of eTorque are covered, but not the entire system.

The cooling system is only a fan on the battery if that and I'm certain its covered in the warranty as its part of the battery pack

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
How would you like to have a $625,000 Motorhome 1 month old and A/C quit working in the middle of summer in Florida. Yes, even real expensive things break down. I would recommend you try using another Ram Dealer, maybe your dealer is just A bad dealer..
I’d just like to have $625,000...

Atlantic Blue

Reaction score
Yes I am feeling the pain myself with a Nissan Titan.. a couple of months out of basic warranty.. and the extended does not cover a failed Cat with only 23K on it.. $4000 to replace it is why..
Catalytic converters are covered by the 8 year 80k mile emissions warranty.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Its not what I think. Its what I know. All cars produced for the US has this warranty.

I've had catalyc converters replaced on an E Class Benz and a Toyota Sequoia for free.
So I wonder how he got a 4K estimate from a dealer. Ehh, mybe I'll retract that. 4K is about 10x the normal cost.

Last edited by a moderator:

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
1st catalytic convertors are covered under the 8/80 mile federal emissions warranty. 2nd, no way a cat costs $4K, I've replaced one on a honda accord, maybe $200 and 2 on my Z06, $600.

Third, any complaints you see on a forum should be taken both with a grain of salt and in context of where the complaint came from. This is a forum of for the most part "picky" or detailed enthusiast. Complaints are going to be concentrated here as some only came here for information and to make a complaint. Every ram or any other vehicle owner likely doesn't post on any forum so the million plus vehicles that have never had an issue, you'd never here from. In other words, you'll hear from owners with a problem 1000% more often than you'll here from an owner with no issues. Failed logic
Definately true it's an "enthusiast" based forum, as they all are (boats, guns, overlanding, fishing etc...). It taps into the human desire to complain about things. At least that's how I knew things were ok with the troops in the service, if they were complaining then all was well. If they were quiet, watch out!

Atlantic Blue

Reaction score
My apologies - I didn't realize that someone else posted about the emissions warranty. Well at least we've informed those that didn't know.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
My apologies - I didn't realize that someone else posted about the emissions warranty. Well at least we've informed those that didn't know.
Always needs reminding. I wouldn't have thought the ET and battery were "emissions" unless peeps had researched it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online