5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trade in a '22 for a '20?

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The days of crazy high trade-in values has ended. There will be a lot of 19/20 trucks coming off lease over the next 6-12 months that will flood the used truck market.
I was speaking in general terms, but yes they are coming to a close... no one knows for sure how the next 6-12 months will pan out...

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Since you are friends with the dealer, and they know the history and who owned the truck.

Give your friendly salesman your name and number and have them contact the previous owner and have the the previous owner contact you so you can ask questions about the truck.

If that does not happen, beware. I have talked to a previous owner in this circumstance, and also have talked to someone about my trade in.

It is worth a try.

U

User_3336

Since you are friends with the dealer, and they know the history and who owned the truck.

Give your friendly salesman your name and number and have them contact the previous owner and have the the previous owner contact you so you can ask questions about the truck.

If that does not happen, beware. I have talked to a previous owner in this circumstance, and also have talked to someone about my trade in.

It is worth a try.
I would NOT want a dealer giving my personal/contact information to another person who was considering purchasing a vehicle I'd traded in. That sort of crosses the line.

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would NOT want a dealer giving my personal/contact information to another person who was considering purchasing a vehicle I'd traded in. That sort of crosses the line.
Not what I said. Have the dealer ask the person that traded it in if they would mind talking to someone that was interested, and give them my info.

I certainly would not want the dealer giving out my info if I traded it in.

Just rethinking this situation out.

Always hopefully. Prepare for the worst. Have a clear out.

Would I be willing to deal with a known major issue of back window leak, dealers not fixing the problem, over and over, with long waits. Tearing the headliner and backseat out, mold, smell, maybe having to fix it myself. People talking about this issue mentioning lawsuits and wanting recalls. Dealing with other unknown problems.

Im kinda crazy, ain’t that crazy.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The days of crazy high trade-in values has ended. There will be a lot of 19/20 trucks coming off lease over the next 6-12 months that will flood the used truck market.
yup...my 2020 rebel will be one of them. Been a flawless truck...if I can't make the numbers work on 2023 I might just buy it.

cliffsta

Reaction score
Wish that color gray had been available to order on my Rebel. I love that battleship grey color.

Davidbt

Reaction score
I don't blame you for not wanting the E-torq. When I decided to trade my 22 Gladiator max tow for a RAM 1500, I specifically searched out a non e-torq. They were few and far between. I was lucky to find the 21 Big Horn in my signature that was dealer owned with only 11,300 miles on it. Really hated the start stop in the Gladiator, just more electrical crap to fail. IMG_20221229_134427_852.jpg

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wish that color gray had been available to order on my Rebel. I love that battleship grey color.
Yep, love mine too. Glad it was limited to only 1000 Built to Serve trucks

Spokes

Reaction score

I am a service manager at a dealership, I can tell you, that is 100% illegal (at least in my state) to give out client info without their consent.

Ended up passing on the truck anyways. Cant wrap my head around these high APR% given my good credit LOL

Thanks for advice guys.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I say go for it...great color and kinda rare truck, comparably . As far as worrying about problems...It may have unknown problems which in my mind would put it in the same boat as yours. These trucks are built well.

Etorque is the one think I now wish I hadn't gotten. Not worried about the tech failing but it is NOT smooth. I test drove a 2021 with the "older" version and it was smooth and quick. Very impressed how nice it was. This new one is jerky and not great. If I had known it would be this way I would have passed.

cliffsta

Reaction score
Ended up passing on the truck anyways. Cant wrap my head around these high APR% given my good credit LOL
Man, you ain’t lying. My credit is north of 800 and I was well into the 5% APR range.

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am a service manager at a dealership, I can tell you, that is 100% illegal (at least in my state) to give out client info without their consent.

Thanks for advice guys.
Good job on passing on that truck. Most of us might have to deal with a leak before its over with, but I don’t think I would buy a used truck that currently has that problem. It seems to be kinda hard to diagnose and sometimes hard for the dealers to fix.

I won’t buy a house that the basement leaks either….. been there done that, never again. 😒

Mr.Grid

Reaction score

Thanks for advice guys.
You made the wise financial choice keeping what you have (and not going backwards) imho, especially if you have to finance to own. Consider working on paying cash for the next purchase as a new goal if you are unable to now.

Spokes

Reaction score
Man, you ain’t lying. My credit is north of 800 and I was well into the 5% APR range.

Yup, just couldn't do it haha lowest I found was 5% through a CU as you mentioned. Dealer was @ 7% LOL

Users who are viewing this thread