5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Traction control

Pryorctm

Reaction score
Brand new to the site so sorry in advance if this topic has been discussed. Don’t know how it couldn’t of been but I can’t seem to find out how to find it . Does anyone know if there is a way to disable traction control in 2 wheel drive without pulling f7 fuse and the ABS circuit still working ? Have the Diablo sport i3 tuner and unlocked pcm that will disable traction control till you turn truck off then when you turn the truck back on it resets back to traction control on. Can’t take an on-ramp or off ramp that is banked faster than 30 miles per hour without the truck spazzing out and applying the traction control like truck is going to start flipping end over end. Very annoying and lame. Hemi tuner guy Shawn says he can turn it off permanently but it will disable ABS circuit and wants $250. But pulling f7 fuse will produce same results. Has anyone heard of traction control being turned off in 2 wheel drive while still being able to leave the ABS on and functioning. Thanks so much any info would greatly be appreciated. Also curious if anyone else has this same issue. Truck has a 3 1/2 rough country suspension lift and air bags in the back with rough country shocks. My thought is that the pitch and roll program in the ecm that is connected to the ABS system somehow got jacked up and isn’t calibrated correctly now that the truck has been lifted. Have no idea EF800856-F500-473E-B772-E36973420CB3.jpeg 8B1997B9-86D6-46C9-9CE9-B9D2101D9139.jpeg BD9C8D6E-A56A-4F54-800C-48117E52A596.jpeg 74D26D81-4C5F-410B-B04F-E79A57E7E9DB.jpeg 9F2C744C-5338-4795-9B8D-07E164AA7CE9.jpeg

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry, no idea but do a search here for the Helwig sway bar....most swear by it.

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Brand new to the site so sorry in advance if this topic has been discussed. Don’t know how it couldn’t of been but I can’t seem to find out how to find it . Does anyone know if there is a way to disable traction control in 2 wheel drive without pulling f7 fuse and the ABS circuit still working ? Have the Diablo sport i3 tuner and unlocked pcm that will disable traction control till you turn truck off then when you turn the truck back on it resets back to traction control on. Can’t take an on-ramp or off ramp that is banked faster than 30 miles per hour without the truck spazzing out and applying the traction control like truck is going to start flipping end over end. Very annoying and lame. Hemi tuner guy Shawn says he can turn it off permanently but it will disable ABS circuit and wants $250. But pulling f7 fuse will produce same results. Has anyone heard of traction control being turned off in 2 wheel drive while still being able to leave the ABS on and functioning. Thanks so much any info would greatly be appreciated. Also curious if anyone else has this same issue. Truck has a 3 1/2 rough country suspension lift and air bags in the back with rough country shocks. My thought is that the pitch and roll program in the ecm that is connected to the ABS system somehow got jacked up and isn’t calibrated correctly now that the truck has been lifted. Have no idea View attachment 113380 View attachment 113381 View attachment 113384 View attachment 113385 View attachment 113386
A Tazer DT can shut off TC and will remember its off when you restart the truck, it can also disable abs if you want it to. Nice truck btw welcome to the forums!

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Assuming you mean stability control and not just traction control.

I would check all your wiring and connections around your suspension since something could have been disturbed while the lift was installed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pryorctm

Reaction score
Do you know if this can be used in conjunction with the Diablo sport i3 tuner ? I have a unlocked pcm in my truck now and have a 91 octane tune in it and would like to leave that but don’t know if using the DT tazer will screw that all up ? Thanks for all the info man I really appreciate it

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That’s for tc. Not stability control. You can turn off and keep off tc in your truck.

The stability control is what you can’t turn off in 2wd, and the tazer doesn’t allow for that last I saw.

Disabling your abs is just masking an issue that you have.

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you know if this can be used in conjunction with the Diablo sport i3 tuner ? I have a unlocked pcm in my truck now and have a 91 octane tune in it and would like to leave that but don’t know if using the DT tazer will screw that all up ? Thanks for all the info man I really appreciate it
It shouldn’t interfere with the tuner but I’m not 100% sure, the Tazer plugs into the security bypass. I’m not sure if it disables stability control, I thought you meant traction control but theres lots of YouTube videos on the Tazer that might get you the answer you’re looking for :)

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That’s for tc. Not stability control. You can turn off and keep off tc in your truck.

The stability control is what you can’t turn off in 2wd, and the tazer doesn’t allow for that last I saw.

TazerDT can disable stability control, but it also kills ABS at same time. Since the truck uses the ABS sensors for both stability and traction control, I doubt you can disable stability control without effecting ABS

Pryorctm

Reaction score

Thank you. Ya I think I have the language wrong I need to turn off that ******** stability control which the more research I do can’t be done I think as it’s tied into the ABS. I’m to the point I might just roll no abs like the good ol days in the Volkswagen notchback

Pryorctm

Reaction score
Assuming you mean stability control and not just traction control.

I would check all your wiring and connections around your suspension since something could have been disturbed while the lift was installed

Good idea I will inspect all the connections thanks for all the input it is greatly appreciated. I have found on this forum other people who have lifted thier truck doing the same thing with no answers on a fix. Just curious but does your truck apply stability control when you hit a corner at 35 to 40 mph ?

Users who are viewing this thread