5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TPMS

jeffrey5679

Reaction score
new sensors worked! Picked the up for $69 on eBay. Tire shop said one tire didn’t have a sensor 🤔. I did ask for the old ones back. Either the tire shop broke one and lied or the shop where I bought my wheels only installed 3.

Mother

Reaction score
Anyone ever have them ready in the wrong position? I double checked and I definitely have both fronts at 55psi and both rears at 45, but it's randomly showing them in the wrong spot.
20201201_071105.jpg

mr.fusion

Reaction score
Anyone ever have them ready in the wrong position? I double checked and I definitely have both fronts at 55psi and both rears at 45, but it's randomly showing them in the wrong spot.
Mine did that. When I put them on the truck, two synced right away....on a test drive around the block.... then a 3rd one. Then a few minutes later I drove it again and all four were "synced" but the driver side are showing up backwards. Front tire is reading at the back location, vice versa.

I have not checked lately, but it stayed that way. It has only been a couple weeks and I don't drive it much so I'm not sure if it's "fixed" or randomly changes, etc...

Mother

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm normally just on the Speedometer screen, so it hasn't bothered me. Temps dropped a bit last night in Orlando (to the 40's! Brr!!) and with the pressure reading down at 43 it triggered the light.

Mother

Reaction score
I asked the ebay seller about the issue and he said "New sensors are dormant, they need activated to wake up in order to sync while driving."

Does that sound like BS? I thought with the 5th gen it auto-recognized them and they were ready to rock out of the box.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
View attachment 75374

Only during a rotation when the tires where actually switched. They would then synchronize at around 5-10 miles of driving.

jeffrey5679

Reaction score
They automatically sync. Took about 10 min or so of driving. Tpms I used worked flawlessly. The link is on this post

Mother

Reaction score
Yeah, this guy is full of it and/or just doesn't know what he's selling. Sucks because I'm not sure if it's one or all of them that are the issue and it costs a bit to dismount and remount a set of 35's if I wanted to replace them.

mr.fusion

Reaction score
Mine are still "working" but the tire locations are still wrong. Today, both driver and passenger sides have the readings backwards. F/R are flipped

Mother

Reaction score
Mine now seem to come on (in the wrong locations) for about 10-15 minutes of driving, then it switches to "Tire Pressure Temporarily Unavailable."

I went ahead and got a new set of OEM sensors (for sure OEM, not ebay or Amazon) and I'm going to have them swapped out soon. Hopefully that takes care of things.

Mother

Reaction score
My first set acted just like you said even though some had ordered from them and had no issues.
These were my initial ones that didn’t act right. All working randomly. https://www.ebay.com/itm/153698410883

These were the set that has worked perfectly.
Mopar 2019 Dodge RAM 1500 DT Set... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07M5MGDMJ?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Same issues, same ebay seller. Steeler2666 proved to be a real piece of work when I tried to ask for a return due to them being defective. First tried to claim they had to be paired, then after I went to a tire shop and verified two had no signal, he wouldn't respond, then denied my return and reported me as a spammer when I left negative feedback. Definitely avoid this guy.

FWIW, with all of the dealers and online Mopar parts sellers out of them right now I found out that Tire Rack actually uses the OEM sensors and that's where I ordered mine. Came in OEM Mopar bags and everything.

Last edited:

jeffrey5679

Reaction score
These one’s work on the 5th gen Rams. I bought a set off Amazon before these. Gave me all kinds of problems. These ones off eBay do $69 picked up after about 10 min. No issues since.

Mother

Reaction score
Yeah, with the costs associated with changing them out it seems too much like a roll of the dice to bother with eBay a second time for me. I'm glad your set worked out though.

Grouper

Reaction score
I ordered OE (68293199AA) sensors from two online Mopar parts shops ($33 for each sensor). Both orders were subsequently canceled as "this part is on backorder with NO release date"

I've noticed the comments on eBay are specific to the item part number and not the seller. In other words, every eBay listing for 68293199AA has the same comments listed below, regardless of the seller.

Last edited:

Mother

Reaction score
I ordered OE (68293199AA) sensors from two online Mopar parts shops ($33 for each sensor). Both orders were subsequently canceled as "this part is on backorder with NO release date"

I've noticed the comments on eBay are specific to the item part number and not the seller. In other words, every eBay listing for listing for 68293199AA has the same comments listed below for every seller of that part number.
Yeah, that's what happened with me also. I checked a few other Mopar parts shops and none had them. Give Tire Rack a try. They were cheaper ($30/ea), in stock and free shipping.

Grouper

Reaction score
Yeah, that's what happened with me also. I checked a few other Mopar parts shops and none had them. Give Tire Rack a try. They were cheaper ($30/ea), in stock and free shipping.

Thanks for the Tire Rack suggestion. Ordered yesterday. Arrived today.

One can only hope a reputable seller like Tire Rack is sourcing genuine OE parts vs. the knockoffs/counterfeits that are often found on Amazon and eBay.

TPMS.jpg

RAudiJ

Reaction score
Went by my dealer today to pick up my Full-Size spare. OE spare did not have TPMS sensor. They were not sure about having a 5th TPMS sensor on the spare, as to whether it would interfere with the 4 tires on ground, or have to be coded in.
Even read the manual...
Most vehicles I have just re-learn tire location and disregard the spare.
Will the Ram ignore the spare until it is mounted on the axle?

tank3011570

Reaction score
new sensors worked! Picked the up for $69 on eBay. Tire shop said one tire didn’t have a sensor 🤔. I did ask for the old ones back. Either the tire shop broke one and lied or the shop where I bought my wheels only installed 3.
Need help! I bought the same eBay sensors from the link. But after 2 days driving (at least 30 miles), it's still showing no sensors warning. The eBay seller told me replacing 1 or 2 sensors the truck will pick them up on problem but replacing a set of 4 they need to be programmed to the truck. Is that true? What should I do?

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Need help! I bought the same eBay sensors from the link. But after 2 days driving (at least 30 miles), it's still showing no sensors warning. The eBay seller told me replacing 1 or 2 sensors the truck will pick them up on problem but replacing a set of 4 they need to be programmed to the truck. Is that true? What should I do?
Unless you got non OEM sensors that’s false. I bought 4 and they synced after driving 5 miles on their own.

jeffrey5679

Reaction score
They should work without programming. Mine kicked in after 15-20 min of non stop driving driving. Did you use the listing I used? There’s a few different ones on this post.

Users who are viewing this thread