5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TPMS

tank3011570

Reaction score
This is the one I bought. It should be the same one you ordered. It came in a small white box with label saying made in China. The sensors are 68293199AA which are the right model. I will drive a few more miles and see if it works. Thanks.

jeffrey5679

Reaction score
This is the one I bought. It should be the same one you ordered. It came in a small white box with label saying made in China. The sensors are 68293199AA which are the right model. I will drive a few more miles and see if it works. Thanks.
Those look like the ones I bought. After mine were installed only 2 were showing. Drove around for about 15-20 above 25 mph and they picked up the other 2. Seems like the system checks for sensors after every 15-20 of driving.

tank3011570

Reaction score
After another 3 days driving, it is still showing no sensors. There is definitely something wrong. The seller keeps telling me the sensors need to be activated before they can be relearned by the truck. The seller sent me this video for instruction.
I am sure I bought the correct TPMS model. But I am confused, based on my research here, there is zero programming or scanning needed. Did I miss anything? Do I need a scan tool to activate them first?

jeffrey5679

Reaction score
After another 3 days driving, it is still showing no sensors. There is definitely something wrong. The seller keeps telling me the sensors need to be activated before they can be relearned by the truck. The seller sent me this video for instruction.
I am sure I bought the correct TPMS model. But I am confused, based on my research here, there is zero programming or scanning needed. Did I miss anything? Do I need a scan tool to activate them first?
I’m puzzled. Absolutely no programming is needed from what I was told by 2 tire shops. The seller that I bought my first set from on Amazon sent me that same video when 2 didn’t read. I bought another set off eBay that recognized the sensors after a little driving. Is the sellers name 55_by_design? That’s who sold me the ones that worked.

Mother

Reaction score
The seller I got mine from sent the same video when mine didn't work properly. Clearly these ebay/amazon sellers don't realize these sensors work differently from most others. I even went to the Costco tire center just to see if the guy there could pull it up on his scan tool and he showed me right on the screen of the tool, when he picked 2021 Ram 1500 it showed "No programming needed. Drive vehicle above 15 mph for sensors to be detected." or something like that.

RAudiJ

Reaction score
I purchased the OEM TPMS and installed it on the 5th wheel. Rotated it in; front tires to back, one as spare, and within about 5 miles everything is as it should be.

tank3011570

Reaction score
Thanks for all the information. Yes I bought them from 55_by_design off eBay. I guess all these eBay or amazon sellers have some good ones and bad ones. I will order some new TPMS, hopefully the new ones will work.
#56 in this thread has a picture of genuine Mopar TPMS, which is labeled made in UK. Mine were delivered in a white box labeled made in China. I think mine are just counterfeits with no luck.

RAudiJ

Reaction score
My OEM one was made in the UK and in the same packaging pictured in grouper's post. $28!

RAudiJ

Reaction score
A dealer online, I believe McKinney, Texas. Found other dealers had them as well. Search was done a few weeks ago.

tank3011570

Reaction score
I guess we live in the same area. McKinney Ram is the nearest ram dealer to me... Good to know they these sell parts online. Thanks!

Tomlev

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a slightly different TPMS issue. Brand new truck, less than 300 miles. Cluster display shows tire pressures all over the place; 81, 72, 85, 70. Actual pressure is 65 on all four. I hate to take this to the dealer if there's something I can do. Any suggestions? Many Thanks !!

RAudiJ

Reaction score
What Brand of TPMS sensors ? I am local for a month or so!

RAudiJ

Reaction score
Will Be talking to dealer tomorrow if possible?! Before I take the truck to CO Permanently!

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread