5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TPMS threshold adjusting

Cmassey31099

Reaction score
I have a rebel and went from the stock tires to 35x12.50x18. I was able to adjust the tire size for the speedometer but I am having trouble adjusting the TMPS threshold and have the annoying alert on my dash. Does anyone know in JScan how to fix it? I think it’s currently at 45 front and 55 back. I am running 38-40 in the front and 37-39 in the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
General info:
To fully adjust the TPMS you need to change the threshold psi settings and update the RFH (Radio frequency hub).

Factory pressure settings are 60(Hemi) or 65(Cummins) front & 80 rear with a 20% threshold which means that the warnings (light, sounds & nag screen) will come on at 48(H) or 52(C) front & 64 rear. If that happens then you will have to air the tires to 60(H) or 65(C) front and/or 80 rear to make the warnings go away.

The PIN – You must have your PIN to fully adjust the TPMS system. There are 2 PIN numbers associated with your key and truck. Technically, there's a 3rd one too that's a rolling code (unknown digits) that expires. It is only used if you lose all your keys and it requires a call to Lord FCA to get. I believe this is where some dealers get confused and try to tell you that the 4-digit PIN will expire. I've not heard of anyone saying that theirs expired when they tried to use it. A few members have been charged a fee to get the code. This ridiculous and I’d find another dealer, but I realize some don't have that choice.
PIN #1: 4-digit code (all numbers) that is used to program the key (fobik) to the truck. This is the one you need for this process.
PIN #2: 5-digit code with a letter in front (ex. M0000) that is used to cut a new metal key.

It’s a good idea to get both codes as soon as you possibly can. Recently, some dealers have refused to give them out.

Devices:
Autel MaxiSys -- will adjust the psi settings and update the RFH (Radio frequency hub)
Launch X431 -- very similar to the Autel MaxiSys with possible same functionality (unverified)
Matco Maxgo & Maxme -- supposed to be able to adjust the psi settings & update the RFH (Maximus should also)
AutoEnginuity software -- will only adjust the threshold psi settings (also custom tire sizes & enable fogs w/highs)
Witech (dealer) -- will only update the RFH, IF you can find a dealer that's willing do it
AEV ProCal -- only sold with their lift kits; will only adjust the psi settings (tire sizes & other settings)
Snap-on – no one has found that any of their devices can do this

Common questions:
Q: Can the dealer do this?
A: They cannot change the threshold psi settings but they should have the ability to update the RFH. Whether they will or not is questionable.

Q: Is there someone near me that can do this?
A: ***HERE*** is a map that I created showing all known members that have a device. If there'e no one close enough to you, send me a PM for additional options.

Q: Will this ‘change’ get removed if I get a flash update from the dealer or if I install a tune.
A: No

Q: Will this ‘change’ void my warranty.
A: First they have to prove that it caused a problem. Next how they gonna 'see' it since the Witech can't get to the settings? BUT anything's possible.

Q: What model of Autel MaxiSys can do this?
A: The common model is MS906 but any MaxiSys model should have this ability excluding Dodge software version 7.5.1. The MaxiDAS cannot do this process and I doubt any MaxiTPMS will either.

Q: Can the Autel MaxiSys make other adjustments like larger tires or enable fogs w/highs?
A: It’s a very powerful diagnostic device but it can only adjustment to other factory tire sizes and cannot enable fogs w/highs.

Q: Where can I find the instructions do make the adjustments?
A: CF member articsilber323 provided them in post #912 in the original thread. Some of the screens have changed slightly with the newer software versions but the process is generally the same.
See less

6of36

Reaction score
I have a rebel and went from the stock tires to 35x12.50x18. I was able to adjust the tire size for the speedometer but I am having trouble adjusting the TMPS threshold and have the annoying alert on my dash. Does anyone know in JScan how to fix it? I think it’s currently at 45 front and 55 back. I am running 38-40 in the front and 37-39 in the back.

I google searched and found the above.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
General info:
To fully adjust the TPMS you need to change the threshold psi settings and update the RFH (Radio frequency hub).

Factory pressure settings are 60(Hemi) or 65(Cummins) front & 80 rear with a 20% threshold which means that the warnings (light, sounds & nag screen) will come on at 48(H) or 52(C) front & 64 rear. If that happens then you will have to air the tires to 60(H) or 65(C) front and/or 80 rear to make the warnings go away.

The PIN – You must have your PIN to fully adjust the TPMS system. There are 2 PIN numbers associated with your key and truck. Technically, there's a 3rd one too that's a rolling code (unknown digits) that expires. It is only used if you lose all your keys and it requires a call to Lord FCA to get. I believe this is where some dealers get confused and try to tell you that the 4-digit PIN will expire. I've not heard of anyone saying that theirs expired when they tried to use it. A few members have been charged a fee to get the code. This ridiculous and I’d find another dealer, but I realize some don't have that choice.
PIN #1: 4-digit code (all numbers) that is used to program the key (fobik) to the truck. This is the one you need for this process.
PIN #2: 5-digit code with a letter in front (ex. M0000) that is used to cut a new metal key.

It’s a good idea to get both codes as soon as you possibly can. Recently, some dealers have refused to give them out.

Devices:
Autel MaxiSys -- will adjust the psi settings and update the RFH (Radio frequency hub)
Launch X431 -- very similar to the Autel MaxiSys with possible same functionality (unverified)
Matco Maxgo & Maxme -- supposed to be able to adjust the psi settings & update the RFH (Maximus should also)
AutoEnginuity software -- will only adjust the threshold psi settings (also custom tire sizes & enable fogs w/highs)
Witech (dealer) -- will only update the RFH, IF you can find a dealer that's willing do it
AEV ProCal -- only sold with their lift kits; will only adjust the psi settings (tire sizes & other settings)
Snap-on – no one has found that any of their devices can do this

Common questions:
Q: Can the dealer do this?
A: They cannot change the threshold psi settings but they should have the ability to update the RFH. Whether they will or not is questionable.

Q: Is there someone near me that can do this?
A: ***HERE*** is a map that I created showing all known members that have a device. If there'e no one close enough to you, send me a PM for additional options.

Q: Will this ‘change’ get removed if I get a flash update from the dealer or if I install a tune.
A: No

Q: Will this ‘change’ void my warranty.
A: First they have to prove that it caused a problem. Next how they gonna 'see' it since the Witech can't get to the settings? BUT anything's possible.

Q: What model of Autel MaxiSys can do this?
A: The common model is MS906 but any MaxiSys model should have this ability excluding Dodge software version 7.5.1. The MaxiDAS cannot do this process and I doubt any MaxiTPMS will either.

Q: Can the Autel MaxiSys make other adjustments like larger tires or enable fogs w/highs?
A: It’s a very powerful diagnostic device but it can only adjustment to other factory tire sizes and cannot enable fogs w/highs.

Q: Where can I find the instructions do make the adjustments?
A: CF member articsilber323 provided them in post #912 in the original thread. Some of the screens have changed slightly with the newer software versions but the process is generally the same.
See less
That sounds like bad info. I was able to adjust my TPMS with my TazerDT and didn't need any pin number or RF Hub adjustments.

6of36

Reaction score
That sounds like bad info. I was able to adjust my TPMS with my TazerDT and didn't need any pin number or RF Hub adjustments.
I knew I saw that someone had done it. That was just what came up first google searching. Probably an old post, I didn't look at the date. At that time it may have been the only way they found. Tazer is good for a lot of things.

6of36

Reaction score
I just looked at that link. It's Ram Forumz, and although their picture for their site, shows a 5th gen, that post is from 2017, a 4th gen. Tazer DT wasn't invented.

Air’d outSRT

Reaction score

Alfaobd can on most ram years. Just adjusted one at the shop friday for 35/12.50/20’s and tpms. A couple of our tpms scanners can too

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

In JScan, Adaptations > TPMS-settings > Max Load Inflation Pressure Front Tire, and Max Inflation Pressure Rear Tire.
That’s where you’ll adjust the tire pressure thresholds in JScan.

Cmassey31099

Reaction score
In JScan, Adaptations > TPMS-settings > Max Load Inflation Pressure Front Tire, and Max Inflation Pressure Rear Tire.
That’s where you’ll adjust the tire pressure thresholds in JScan.

Thanks for the response, is that something that should instantly turn it off or will it take a few cycles? The light is still on and it says the rears are good but the fronts are at 41-42 but it’s now telling me to inflate to 40.

boogielander

Reaction score
Thanks for the response, is that something that should instantly turn it off or will it take a few cycles? The light is still on and it says the rears are good but the fronts are at 41-42 but it’s now telling me to inflate to 40.
it should work immediately.
Maybe your air gauge is slight off but I'd take it for a bit of test drive and it should go away

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Before you adjust the thresholds with JScan, air the tires up to the required PSI’s so the light will go out. Then use JScan to lower your thresholds. THEN air back down to where you want the tires to be.

Cmassey31099

Reaction score
Before you adjust the thresholds with JScan, air the tires up to the required PSI’s so the light will go out. Then use JScan to lower your thresholds. THEN air back down to where you want the tires to be.

Thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread