5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TPMS sensor question

21RamBigHornBlk

Reaction score
Hello. I have a 2021 Big Horn, my truck came with 4 new TPMS sensors in the glove box for a trailer. I'm curious If I can use those on the new wheels and tire package I just bought? i'm assuming I can, I can't imagine they are any different than any other TPMS sensor. I just wanted to check here first before heading out to the shop for install. Also is there a tutorial anywhere for how to program these new sensors? maybe I just should bring it to the Ram dealer?
Thanks for any help.

Moosefire66

Reaction score
If it's for your truck tires I would have the dealer deal with it. I wouldn't pay to have them installed if it should've been installed already

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

21RamBigHornBlk

Reaction score
If it's for your truck tires I would have the dealer deal with it. I wouldn't pay to have them installed if it should've been installed already

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
Sorry I wasn't clear. the truck came with TPMS already in my truck tires, but due to having the trailer tow option on the truck it also came with 4 more sensors in the glovebox to install on my trailer tires so I can sink them to the truck. I don't need sensors in my trailer so I thought about just using them in the new wheel and tire package i just bought. This way I have two sets of tires and wheels with TPMS. Does that make sense?

21RamBigHornBlk

Reaction score
Update! I tried to install the trailer tpms sensos on the new wheels and they looked terrible. They definitely are not the right ones. So I ordered OEM sensors for the wheels. Holy **** they are hard to install. I literally can't push them through the holes. I've tried with WD-40 and still no go. I'm going to have to let the dealership so it.

Users who are viewing this thread