5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TPMS Sensor alert adjustments

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The dealership being good to me attempted to adjust the warning psi with the Witech on my Rebel however they could not find a way to do it. Has anyone here had a tech able to do it or do I just buy a Tazer? I like running my Duratracs at 40psi and the factory alerts below 55 front and 45 rear.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Only way I have heard about doing it for sure is the tazer. Saw a vid somewhere of a guy claiming to do it with a new autel tpms programmer but even if it worked, why spend over $300 and not get any of the other functionality that the tazer gives you, assuming you would use the other features.

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Only way I have heard about doing it for sure is the tazer. Saw a vid somewhere of a guy claiming to do it with a new autel tpms programmer but even if it worked, why spend over $300 and not get any of the other functionality that the tazer gives you, assuming you would use the other features.
Honesty the money for the Tazer to just get the speedo to stay up rather than the tpms warning worth it for me the other thing up here will be DRL delete. Would of been nice if the dealer could of done it as they were willing.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Honesty the money for the Tazer to just get the speedo to stay up rather than the tpms warning worth it for me the other thing up here will be DRL delete. Would of been nice if the dealer could of done it as they were willing.

I read somewhere that FCA has removed the option from the dealers software to change the thresholds because FCA views it as a liability. They sell the vehicles with an oem tire and everything is spec’d to that so they want to keep it simple (and safe) and conform to those specs and values. They don’t want to get involved in aftermarket values because if they change it to something we tell them and then there’s a problem and the sensor (which is federally mandated) doesn’t alert, that might come back to bite them. Again I don’t know if that’s true or not but I did see it somewhere.

Funny (not so funny) related incident. I picked up some alternate wheels and tires and now rotate between them, swapping out each oil change. So instead of just rotating the tires, I also rotate between the wheels. The tires are smaller than my rebel tires. Instead if 275/70 they are 275/65. The smaller tire have a max psi of 44 I believe. When I went into the dealer for an oil change, they saw the tire pressure alert (which said inflate to 55/45) and they overflated all my tires past the max psi point! Good thing I only drove a few miles and notice that my alert had gone away. Would not have want to have taken a long drive and gotten those heated up. Moral of the story is leave a note for the tech not to touch your aftermarket tire pressure.

Users who are viewing this thread