5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TPMS reading incorrect pressure??

LRojas

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Laramie RWD, as far as I know, the Bridgestone Dueler Alanza's are stock as well as the TMPSs. I noticed that the sensors were reading 38 psi, except for the one that had a bolt in it. I plugged the hole and aired up the tire using a manual pressure gauge to 38psi. I started the truck and noted that the tire on the TPMS showed 44psi. I checked the other tires manually and they were reading 30-31psi. I aired them all up to 38psi and now all the tires with the TPMS read 43-44psi.
Is there a way to "calibrate" the TPMS to read what the manual gauge reads?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 2019 Laramie RWD, as far as I know, the Bridgestone Dueler Alanza's are stock as well as the TMPSs. I noticed that the sensors were reading 38 psi, except for the one that had a bolt in it. I plugged the hole and aired up the tire using a manual pressure gauge to 38psi. I started the truck and noted that the tire on the TPMS showed 44psi. I checked the other tires manually and they were reading 30-31psi. I aired them all up to 38psi and now all the tires with the TPMS read 43-44psi.
Is there a way to "calibrate" the TPMS to read what the manual gauge reads?
I don’t know the answer (I presume it’s possible)…but do you have a calibrated manual gauge?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Did you take the vehicle for a ride and recheck? The sensors need to be woken up in order to send an updated pressure reading.

LRojas

Reaction score
Did you take the vehicle for a ride and recheck? The sensors need to be woken up in order to send an updated pressure reading.
I figure they were awake since they went from 37-38psi to 43-44psi, but I did go for a 10 minute ride anyway

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I figure they were awake since they went from 37-38psi to 43-44psi, but I did go for a 10 minute ride anyway
Interesting...I really do not think there is a calibration for these as the TPMS sensors are calibrated at the factory where they are produced. You should make an appointment at the dealer and get this checked out. Maybe a bad module that monitors the sensors.

Users who are viewing this thread