5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TPMS errors after lift

gwalp

Reaction score
I finally installed a 5” lift with bigger wheels/tires and when I left the installers shop my front two tire sensors no longer worked and I was getting an error message. They tried installing new sensors from mopar and they worked when I left the shop but stopped working after about 10 miles. Anyone else have tire sensor issues after installing a lift or new wheels?

Beendare

Reaction score
Yeah, I should’ve had Americas Tire just take out the sensors from my stock wheels and put them in my new wheels.

I bought the new sensors from them Harringtons at 433 MHz and my truck wont detect them. Yep that outfit they did my alignment and Americas Tire tried selling them but they’re still not working after 50 miles

U

User_18177

I finally installed a 5” lift with bigger wheels/tires and when I left the installers shop my front two tire sensors no longer worked and I was getting an error message. They tried installing new sensors from mopar and they worked when I left the shop but stopped working after about 10 miles. Anyone else have tire sensor issues after installing a lift or new wheels?

Yup. The sensors ($190) that custom offsets installed did not work at all. Tried taking it to the dealership too. I then had to pay for new ones ($33 @ Amazon) and when I went to have the old ones removed, two of them were broke inside and one just floating around. The new inexpensive ones worked a few miles after I left the tire shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yup. The sensors ($190) that custom offsets installed did not work at all. Tried taking it to the dealership too. I then had to pay for new ones ($33 @ Amazon) and when I went to have the old ones removed, two of them were broke inside and one just floating around. The new inexpensive ones worked a few miles after I left the tire shop.

I’ve been concerned about this for when I order my wheels. Did you contact the, and get a refund on the TPMS? I asked a shop what it would cost to swap my TPMS from my stock wheels to my new ones and it was around $200.

U

User_18177

I’ve been concerned about this for when I order my wheels. Did you contact the, and get a refund on the TPMS? I asked a shop what it would cost to swap my TPMS from my stock wheels to my new ones and it was around $200.

I’m getting refunded for the sensors and up to $25 per tire for installing the new sensors. It cost me $60 to have the old ones removed and new ones put in. Fortunately didn’t have to get them rebalanced but needless to say I was very disappointed since I paid so much (even provided my VIN) and they still got it wrong. And the time involved...you don’t get reimbursed for that. :(

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m getting refunded for the sensors and up to $25 per tire for installing the new sensors. It cost me $60 to have the old ones removed and new ones put in. Fortunately didn’t have to get them rebalanced but needless to say I was very disappointed since I paid so much (even provided my VIN) and they still got it wrong. And the time involved...you don’t get reimbursed for that. :(

I’m glad they’re actually refunding you for that. Atleast parts of it. You’d think they could get it right after the 2019s have been out for this long.

gwalp

Reaction score
In my case the shop actually took the factory sensors out of the stock wheels and installed them in my new wheels. When the front two wouldn’t work, they bought two new sensors from molar and tried those, but still no luck. They are adamant about making sure I use mopar sensors. I think my next step is to see if the ram dealership can fix the issue.

U

User_18177

Yeah the dealership has the right tools to get them registered to your truck. The two tires places I went to only had a database up to 2018 (lame) in their sensor checkers.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You don’t need to have them flashed or anything, no computer is required for this.

33 dollars for all 4? Doesn’t seem right. I got them on eBay for 65-70 bucks and that was about as cheap as I’ve seen them. I see them for 83 on Amazon right meow.

eBay user: oem-marketplace

Attachments

• D390BF8D-3D2B-47A2-9D2A-B6DBCD28581F.jpeg
    D390BF8D-3D2B-47A2-9D2A-B6DBCD28581F.jpeg
    99.5 KB · Views: 25
U

User_18177

You don’t need to have them flashed or anything, no computer is required for this.

33 dollars for all 4? Doesn’t seem right. I got them on eBay for 65-70 bucks and that was about as cheap as I’ve seen them. I see them for 83 on Amazon right meow.

eBay user: oem-marketplace

Here you go: $33

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
^^^. Trust me there’s nothing wrong with doing that stuff on a budget.

MrCuervoRacing

Reaction score

Just did this exact same thing today

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm those $33/4 sensors on eBay have worked? I know they’re listed as the right part number, and OEM, but I just don’t know.

I literally just got quoted $500 to install sensors to a set of wheels I have... and they wouldn’t let me bring my own sensors.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
^^^^. Wait they want $500 for wheel sensors installed, even breaking them down to install and remounting plus balancing doesn’t add up to this. What State is this in so we know what to expect. :(

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can’t vouch for those, but the ones I posted have given me no issues. I have 8 and swap tires about every 6 weeks. If you get them from the guy I posted, use the make an offer. I paid 70 for the first set and 65 for the second. You might be able to get them for cheaper than that.

I’d also go to a different tire shop. A decent shop should do them for around 50-60 If you are just putting them in an already mounted tire. You should be able to get them added and rebalanced for around 100. $500 is ridiculous.

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^^^. Wait they want $500 for wheel sensors installed, even breaking them down to install and remounting plus balancing doesn’t add up to this. What State is this in so we know what to expect. :(

That was a Firestone in KS. They told me they wouldn’t let me bring my own parts either.

I just bought a set of 4 on eBay for $30. They are supposedly OEM parts, so I’ll let you know how they work. I suppose I’ll just put my wheels on the truck and drive with the sensors in the cab to make sure they sync up before paying for the install.

Users who are viewing this thread