5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Towing with 3/2” lift

Cleggy02

Reaction score
Hi everyone, sorry I’m still learning about towing and such. I have a 2019 1500 sport, 5.7, 3.21 gears and class IV hitch (bought used in December with 53,000km) and 275/60r20 nitto terra grapplers although will be getting dedicated snow and summer tires when I move to Alberta, going to get the same sizes. I recently got a 23’ TT (autumn ride StarCraft 182rb) that’s about 4k LB with all our stuff in it. Towed it a handful of times and haven’t had any issues, I keep it in tow mode to not overheat the trans. I’m looking at getting a 3” front and 2” back lift as I like the slightly lifted look and don’t want the back to sag when towing, stock it sits pretty nicely level. Any thoughts on if it will make the handling or mpg much worse or anything like that? Would it be good to get something like the Timben SES for longevity or not necessary at that weight. Anyone have similar set up or any comments/suggestions in general would be much appreciated as I’m figuring this stuff out. Here’s a pic of the current setup.

Attachments

• IMG_1712.jpeg
    IMG_1712.jpeg
    170 KB · Views: 8

W Six

Reaction score
I did a level kit initially, and couldn't get the weight distributing hitch set up right.
The biggest issue was the weak coil springs in the rear end.
I have since upgraded to cargo master springs, but haven't adjusted anything yet to try it out.

Users who are viewing this thread