5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Towing & Leveling - set up with suspension

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I tried to hook up my travel trailer yesterday with weight distribution hitch. In reading the forum and I believe the manual, it states to put it in jack mode to disable air suspension when swtting everything up and then it would auto level. In doing so it permanently locked out the air suspension leveling and would not adjust the leveling. Has anyone been able to set up their truck with weight distribution hitches and larger travel trailers and get the auto leveling to work? There's a slight amount of sag on the back end that I would like to level out. My old Avalanche would auto raise the back with the airbags but appears the Ram is not able to because the air suspension is locked out.

I was wondering about putting it in off-road 1or 2 first and then connecting the trailer leaving the air suspension engaged. Has anyone done that? I can't try it because my trailer is in storage an hour away and it won't be another 2 weeks until like go get it.

How does everyone look up and level their trucks

Users who are viewing this thread