5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Towing a 27rks with my 2019 ram

Kosherdog

Reaction score
Just wondering if this will work before I buy this TT.
It weighs in at 7135 dry.
Tounge weight says 860. I k ow that will go up loaded. I'm thinking at 1000 lbs. My math is thinking 9300 lbs. Trailer + stuff people, generator, firewood water etc. Eaz elite 1000lbs
+ sway 1000lbs airlift bags.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220305-092753_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20220305-092753_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 46
  • 20220305_083857.jpg
    20220305_083857.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 48

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How much passenger weight?

860 lbs dry + 40 lbs (one battery) + 74 lbs propane (two 20# tanks) = 974 lbs tongue weight before you load the trailer.

Now add 100 lbs for WDH = 1,074 lbs

1,636 lbs - 1,074 lbs leaves you 562 lbs for driver, passengers, generator, firewood plus additional tongue weight as you load it up

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If this is you and the better half, and your combined weight is 350ish...then you'll be OK-ish if you put as much stuff in the trailer as possible. If this is you and the family and the dog, et etc...then no, it's too much. and no, the airbags don't increase that payload number.

Rototerrier

Reaction score
I just went thru this with a 2600RB. My truck could pull it but it shouldn’t have. I did everything and the trailer still pushed the truck around too much for my comfort level. I just took ownership of a new super duty and it’s night and day better.

1500’s just aren’t properly up to the task for larger TTs. Again, you can do it as long as your numbers add up but be prepared to take it slow and easy because you will get tossed around.

After our last long 8 hour pull i vowed never again and ordered a new truck.

My biggest issue was wind. I could clip along just fine until the wind kicked up and then it went to full on white knuckle and 55mph max.

Seadoorxpguy

Reaction score
I tow a 32rli with my 1500. In stock for it was horrible and unstable. Im tuck with the truck for a few years and had to make due. Over 8k miles on my setup now and it runs 65mph straight as a arrow down the highway even in heavy winds

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks like Payload might be alittle tight and you have the 3.21's.. so you might also be over the GCVWR too.

Will she tow it, sure. Will it be legal, maybe?

Kosherdog

Reaction score
After much deliberation I think I'm going to opt for a lighter trailer. I am I bit concerned about my payload being so close! I understand the air bags don't help with payload. But I've used them in the past on 2016 ram and it did help with sag and overall handling. I want to be confident in my vehicle and what in can handle. But boy that trailer is roomy! Thankfully I'm a little older and like to think wiser!! Hahaha. We are now considering a 28qbs bullet. Still as long. But 6000lbs and 700lbs tounge weight. So I feel that's more comfortable. Thanks for all your input!! Any input on a 2016 28qbs bullet is appreciated!! Thanks!!!

Seadoorxpguy

Reaction score
Well in my opinion keystone is crap. But the more rv parks we visit and stories I hear, I think they are all junk now. My keystone cougar brand new caused me 4 months on headaches. Even now 2 months out of warranty the heater quit. At least with a used older unit hopefully the bugs are already worked out of it.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well in my opinion keystone is crap. But the more rv parks we visit and stories I hear, I think they are all junk now. My keystone cougar brand new caused me 4 months on headaches. Even now 2 months out of warranty the heater quit. At least with a used older unit hopefully the bugs are already worked out of it.
This is why we're in the current trailer. I'll never buy another Keystone, Forrest River, Jayco, etc again.

PXL_20220122_053114483.jpg

Kosherdog

Reaction score
This is why we're in the current trailer. I'll never buy another Keystone, Forrest River, Jayco, etc again.

View attachment 122702
Ya. Im kinda hoping that as well. Plus I'm hoping since it was built pre pandemic that may help in quality. All these trailers have seem pretty low quality. I had a 90s bounder before. It was built well. Was a work horse. We had kids and used it hard. Just me and the wife now. But reliability is always on my mind. Thanks for the input.

Seadoorxpguy

Reaction score
So far in my brand new cougar I've had to
1. replumb the kitchen sink drain from a leak
2. replace the drain in the bathroom sink, cracked
3. Replace he toilet seal to the floor, leaked
4. Replace all the junk china bomb no name tires, preventative
5. Argue with the dealer and keystone for the 2ft by 6" hole in the roof the unit was delivered to my house with. They tried to blame me
6. reseal the ac duct, unit would short cycle and freeze the coil
7. Still need to replace the sail switch in the furnace

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My list on a new Jayco exceeded 20 items. Dealer fixed most except a couple big ticket items. Sold it, don't miss it. Looked at Grand Design last weekend, lot of staples and wrinkled material. ATC new is out of my price range, may look used, or wait a year for the collapse.

Kosherdog

Reaction score
So far in my brand new cougar I've had to
1. replumb the kitchen sink drain from a leak
2. replace the drain in the bathroom sink, cracked
3. Replace he toilet seal to the floor, leaked
4. Replace all the junk china bomb no name tires, preventative
5. Argue with the dealer and keystone for the 2ft by 6" hole in the roof the unit was delivered to my house with. They tried to blame me
6. reseal the ac duct, unit would short cycle and freeze the coil
7. Still need to replace the sail switch in the furnace
Yikes! Frustrating to have to fix other people's work! I have a long check list . So hopefully I can have any known issues fixed. But I does make me on high alert since someone traded it in. At least that is the story they are telling me.

Kosherdog

Reaction score
My list on a new Jayco exceeded 20 items. Dealer fixed most except a couple big ticket items. Sold it, don't miss it. Looked at Grand Design last weekend, lot of staples and wrinkled material. ATC new is out of my price range, may look used, or wait a year for the collapse.
I've seen Jayco and others. And I'm not impressed with the build quality! I'm on the fence too. Maybe waiting also. Crazy world we live in!

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen Jayco and others. And I'm not impressed with the build quality! I'm on the fence too. Maybe waiting also. Crazy world we live in!
We really wanted a Grand Design for the longest time, but inTech won us over with their build quality.

No issues with ours so far. I'm sure we'll have some things pop up, but structurally, it's as solid as anything I've looked at.

fea-frame.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread