5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tow Package Class Action?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm an "idiot" because I researched and got what I wanted with no surprises.

I don't think I'm the idiot here....

I agree that the info wasn't on page 1. The Online Build and Price website clearly deletes the 360 view power mirrors. I don't blindly assume the dealer knows more than me. They usually don't.

Joker4L

Reaction score
I'm an "idiot" because I researched and got what I wanted with no surprises.

I don't think I'm the idiot here....

I agree that the info wasn't on page 1. The Online Build and Price website clearly deletes the 360 view power mirrors. I don't blindly assume the dealer knows more than me. They usually don't.

It may say that now but back in May when I was trying to build mine it sure as hell didn’t. I didn’t care to much for it as I like the tow mirrors so I bought one off the lot instead of waiting for months.

wthomps79

Reaction score
I agree with the guy that Ram sure as **** shafted us all who force on us a tow package and remove more expensive features to do so.

I agree that the wording on some of the options sucks, but thats true of any mfg right now. I saw the same thing when I was building a new F150 before I ordered my Ram. I don't think Ram intentionally shafted anybody because the 360 degree camera hasn't been available on any of the towing mirrors yet. Could they have done a better job of explaining things, sure, but they in no way misled or shafted anybody.

A person can’t even come here and vent without all you and your internet beer muscles hammering down on your screens or keyboards about it. It’s plain pathetic.

The OP didn't come on here just to vent, he came on here trying to get the ball rolling on a frivolous lawsuit. Big difference between that and venting, so all the posts have been correct in criticizing his actions. If he had come in complaining that he was upset he didn't understand the options and left it at that then I would agree with you.

Joker4L

Reaction score
It’s not just in this topic tho. If you read into some of the other topics like tuners, exhaust, sound systems, clunk noise, etc.... you will see members just tear into each other. I just find it hard to find this forum helpful anymore

lasstss

Reaction score
Unfortunately, Ram has made this very clear...and this forum has went overboard on warning people. So if you just bought a truck this way, even since say, July, you didn't read the order page, the brochure, the window sticker, or online info.

The people who bought in March April and May...they might have something...but I can't see much happening later on. I am no lawyer...but it is in the fine print.

What part of this is fine print? Customer preferred Package 27Z Power heated mirrors with manual Fold-away, Then trailer tow group. Then, level one equipment group $1200.. Right below that "Power-folding mirrors" right under Power adjustable pedals. What did I miss?? If it was not included, it shouldn't be on the sticker. This is purely deceptive.. Preferred package trumps the Level one group? Then the sticker is *** backwards.

RenoRam

Reaction score
After reading all of the posts up this point, it is understandable how this option could be misinterpreted. However, members posting negative comments is unacceptable. That is not what this forum is or should be about.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I learned how to read the Monroney labels. There are base features for a trim level, and then you have adds & deletes including option packages. It seemed pretty obvious to me. :geek:

The only thing that surprised me was the bag in the glove box containing the caps for removal of the tailgate.

Last edited:

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What part of this is fine print? Customer preferred Package 27Z Power heated mirrors with manual Fold-away, Then trailer tow group. Then, level one equipment group $1200.. Right below that "Power-folding mirrors" right under Power adjustable pedals. What did I miss?? If it was not included, it shouldn't be on the sticker. This is purely deceptive.. Preferred package trumps the Level one group? Then the sticker is *** backwards.
I don't disagree with anyone, that this mirror debacle is bad.

To everyone, if power folding mirrors were this important to you, did you test the power mirror option you thought you had before you purchased it? We also had an issue with the power folding mirrors not folding on one side, the other, or both.

My comment about the lawyer is...that i am not one...but I am sure they will agree that nowhere does it say you do get power folding tow mirrors.

In another thread I posted the wording from the order guide...and I did say multi function was misleading, but it did not say power folding.

And yes, on the left side of the window sticker is what came standard on your truck. And on the bottom left to right side starts your optional equipment. And yes, an option can delete something standard.

It is unfortunate that people didn't get power folding tow mirrors. The people who got non heated ones, also unfortunate, but it does show this in the order guide.

So, if buying a truck, do not assume cause it is new everything works.

Check the function of options. Do not expect the dealer to have a clue what they sale, be pleasantly surprised when they do.

I would have to agree that this was a real issue as far as a lawsuit goes...if it actually said power folding tow mirrors...but no where does it.

Now the heated and non heated mirrors...a little harder to check...but they are not even an option on tradesman, bighorn and rebel. Stupid to even have such a thing as a non heated tow mirror.

Good luck with whatever each person decides to do. Hope it gets resolved.

The 2019 HD has the surround view camera in its mirror, so hopefully the 1500 gets these soon and they fix this very frustrating mirror issue.

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
And to the OP, I’m sorry. If you know car forums, you know there is a never ending new stream of postings about cold air intakes, tunes, exhaust, biggest tire, etc. asked over and over again. We have seen a large amount of threads for people upset over the mirror issue and perhaps the group collectively responded abruptly with what they perceived as an equally abrupt posting. Worded differently I think you may have gotten a little better response, but that’s not your problem, it’s our responsibility to rise to the occasion and treat you with respect. I see it both ways, I would have ordered the tow mirrors because I got my truck with every option they offered pretty much. I picked it up in June when these trucks were first hitting the dealerships, salesmen didn’t know a darn thing about options and this forum and it’s members pointed me in the right direction. Had it not been for a group like this, FCA and it’s sales force certainly weren’t making buyers aware. So cheers, let’s keep this civil and yada yada.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just double checked my window sticker (I saved a PDF copy from the dealer);

STANDARD EQUIPMENT (UNLESS REPLACED BY OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT)
blah blah blah

Pwr Heated Mirrors w/Fold–Away N/A w/Towing Mirrors

yada yada yada

Surround–View Camera (N/A w/Trailer–Tow Mirrors)

Last edited:

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
New to the forums. Just brought home a Laramie, sport package, 12" display, advanced safety, and unknowingly the freaking tow package yesterday. Loved the truck until I tried to press the button for the power folding mirrors. Now instead of gushing over my new mistress, I'm fuming over this idiotic tow package feature.

Seems that there are many on here that have the same issue of loss of 360 view and power folding mirrors due to the tow package.

Are there any attorneys on the forum that can advise us on a possible solution for this issue? It seems logical that a person who purchases a $2500 sport package would not knowingly do so if they knew the $400 tow package would negate $2000 worth of cameras and power folding capability.

Heck, a lady won a lawsuit over coffee that was "too hot". I think any reasonable person would side with us in that no one reads the fine print and that a $400 option should not deminish the value of a $2500 option.
I am an attorney. Unfortunately, I dont see a lawsuit going anywhere.

gybob

Reaction score
This is the 5th "higher" trim level Ram that I've owned following a string of GM's and Fords. Honestly, it never never occurred to me to check the mirror power fold function during the test drive since every truck I've owed since 2007 had power fold mirrors. Get the new truck home, pull up to the garage, push the mirror fold button and enter the garage.

Boy was I surprised when I got my shiny new 2019 Limited home and discovered that nothing happened when I hit the spot where the mirror fold button should have been. If you look at my sticker (attached), you'll see that there is no mention of "manual fold, replaced by, deleted by " or anything even remotely related. I actually bought a Limited with manual fold mirrors! Didn't know you could do that. Felt almost a stupid as I did when I got my new 2007 Silverado LTZ home and found out it had rear drum brakes.

When I started on this venture, Infotainment had nothing. I bought the correct mirrors, door modules and switch. OBD Genie will arrive tomorrow. Will have about $1250 into this adventure.

I'm certain that if the truth were to ever be made public, we would see that there was a 360 camera supplier issue that forced the change to the ridiculous "tow mirror add/360 camera delete" package in order to keep the line moving.

Do I feel burned? Yes. (and FCA knows it). Do I see lawsuit material? No. Going forward, I'll be checking power fold mirror function - right after looking at the rear brakes. unnamed (1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

fat trout

Reaction score
Good god people. These are supposed to be trucks. If mirrors not folding in at the push of a button bring tears u need to revisit what kind of vehicle you need. My truck can tow but doesnt have the "tow package" I tried the power folding mirrors and laughed to myself. Just another useless option to eventually break. God help me if i can't use the vehicle witbout them.

gybob

Reaction score
Good god people. These are supposed to be trucks. If mirrors not folding in at the push of a button bring tears u need to revisit what kind of vehicle you need. My truck can tow but doesnt have the "tow package" I tried the power folding mirrors and laughed to myself. Just another useless option to eventually break. God help me if i can't use the vehicle witbout them.
Actually, my need to be in a "truck" is quite satisfied by the time I spend in my Kenworth T370. My choice of a personal vehicle is based on my needs and wants - that have changed quite a bit since my first pickup in 1975. A fine 69 F100. Wish I had kept that one.

U

User_3336

Am I missing something on the window sticker? I see no mention of

Pwr Heated Mirrors w/Fold–Away

or

Surround–View Camera

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This thread is being closed, as while people may not agree with the topic and are free to express their opinion, this must be done in a manner which is respectful to the members of this forum. Unfortunately there are some posts and individuals within this thread that have crossed that line. Please consider this is a reminder to be respectful to your fellow forum members and note that further disrepectfulnes or personal attacks may result in loss of membership in this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread