5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tow Package Class Action?

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FL1500

New to the forums. Just brought home a Laramie, sport package, 12" display, advanced safety, and unknowingly the freaking tow package yesterday. Loved the truck until I tried to press the button for the power folding mirrors. Now instead of gushing over my new mistress, I'm fuming over this idiotic tow package feature.

Seems that there are many on here that have the same issue of loss of 360 view and power folding mirrors due to the tow package.

Are there any attorneys on the forum that can advise us on a possible solution for this issue? It seems logical that a person who purchases a $2500 sport package would not knowingly do so if they knew the $400 tow package would negate $2000 worth of cameras and power folding capability.

Heck, a lady won a lawsuit over coffee that was "too hot". I think any reasonable person would side with us in that no one reads the fine print and that a $400 option should not deminish the value of a $2500 option.

U

User_3336

you sure won't get the value paid out of it when you go to trade it, that's a given.

BUT.. class action, good luck!!

wthomps79

Reaction score
I think any reasonable person would side with us in that no one reads the fine print.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! So because you were too lazy to ready the fine print that tells you what is and isn’t in a particular package you think you should be able to sue the manufacturer. This is one of the issues with today’s society. A quote that comes to mind is “lack of planning on your part doesn’t constitute an emergency on mine.” Good luck with the lawsuit.

lasstss

Reaction score
New to the forums. Just brought home a Laramie, sport package, 12" display, advanced safety, and unknowingly the freaking tow package yesterday. Loved the truck until I tried to press the button for the power folding mirrors. Now instead of gushing over my new mistress, I'm fuming over this idiotic tow package feature.

Seems that there are many on here that have the same issue of loss of 360 view and power folding mirrors due to the tow package.

Are there any attorneys on the forum that can advise us on a possible solution for this issue? It seems logical that a person who purchases a $2500 sport package would not knowingly do so if they knew the $400 tow package would negate $2000 worth of cameras and power folding capability.

Heck, a lady won a lawsuit over coffee that was "too hot". I think any reasonable person would side with us in that no one reads the fine print and that a $400 option should not deminish the value of a $2500 option.

Dealer basically told me tough luck! I dont how Chrysler gets away with specking and option on the sticker and with some convoluted BS says that what is printed on the base truck negates a power option clearly shown. I printed the option sheet off the Chrysler site, Power fold is not there, but its on the window sticker. 'must be the shell game'..

Cannonball

Reaction score
You can add the BUG conspiracy to your lawsuit as well for the guys with Rambox equipped Limited's as well. They didn't actually get ANYTHING. But it doesn't matter because you probably didn't read this either.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Unfortunately, Ram has made this very clear...and this forum has went overboard on warning people. So if you just bought a truck this way, even since say, July, you didn't read the order page, the brochure, the window sticker, or online info.

The people who bought in March April and May...they might have something...but I can't see much happening later on. I am no lawyer...but it is in the fine print.

louz

Reaction score
Well I ordered mine in May.... BEFORE the fine print. IMO I'm entitled to compensation. Don't want money, just heated mirrors,

Lonestar21

Reaction score
Yeah good luck with that lol

Next time be sure what your ordering/buying.

If you take your time and research what you are buying you would’ve came across this scenario were it’s known about this whole option situation

Old Ray

Reaction score
New to the forums. Just brought home a Laramie, sport package, 12" display, advanced safety, and unknowingly the freaking tow package yesterday. Loved the truck until I tried to press the button for the power folding mirrors. Now instead of gushing over my new mistress, I'm fuming over this idiotic tow package feature. .

In spite of the popular opinion posted here, I am with you, Yes, buyer beware and doing ones own due diligence is correct but if the information when you do find it is misleading, then who is responsible? Don't expect the dealer to tell you.

The buyers guide for the Limited, quote;
"— 7- x 11-inch trailer tow, powered, chrome, heated, multifunctional; includes
exterior courtesy lamps, supplemental turn signals, position memory
(included in Trailer Tow Group)"

What exactly does multifunctional mean, (or powered) ......... ambiguous, could be anything including power fold?
To be continued.

Last edited:

Cannonball

Reaction score
MIRRORS, EXTERIOR
— 6-x9-inch, powered, Black, manual-folding, heated, convex
wide-angle insert (standard on Quad Cab and Crew Cab)

—6-x9-inch, powered, Black, power-folding, heated, auto-dimming, convex wide-angle
insert; includes exterior courtesy lamps and supplemental turn signal (included in H1,
H2, X1 and X2 Equipment Packages)

—6-x9-inch, powered, chrome, power-folding, heated, auto-dimming,
multifunctional, convex wide-angle insert; includes exterior courtesy lamps,
supplemental turn signal, position memory

—6-x9-inch, powered, body-color, power-folding, heated, auto-dimming,
multifunctional, convex wide-angle insert; includes exterior courtesy lamps,
supplemental turn signal, position memory included on Laramie class only
(included in Sport Package)

—7-x11-inch trailer-tow, powered, Black, manual-folding; includes exterior courtesy
lamps and supplemental turn signal (included in Trailer-Tow Mirrors and Brake
Group)

—7-x11-inch trailer-tow, powered, chrome, heated, multifunctional; includes
exterior courtesy lamps, supplemental turn signal, position memory (included in
Trailer-Tow Mirrors and Brake Group

@Old Ray has a point. The wording makes you hope they power fold. But the ones that power fold, all say "power fold"

The 360 camera being excluded from the tow group is about as obvious as steaming coffee being hot. Post your window sticker or vin and I'm sure there will be more than one to help you read the fine print.

C'mon. Don't be that guy.

NYRAM

Reaction score
Lmao it’s not Chrysler’s fault you didn’t do your research first. That’s like buying a flat screen tv and getting it home and finding out it’s not a smart tv because you didn’t look at the specs before you purchased it.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Litigation hounds are part of the sickness in this country. I ordered my truck in July and was fully aware of the Tow Group option deletes. I added the Trailer Brake Controller and got exactly what I wanted.

I sure am glad to see some rational comments here.

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Thanks for your contribution to this forum, and good luck on your "class action" lawsuit.....what a joke.

Joker4L

Reaction score
***insulting speech deleted*** I agree with the guy that Ram sure as **** shafted us all who force on us a tow package and remove more expensive features to do so.

Do I believe a class action lawsuit would win, don’t think so unless you had thousands of owners sign up and a good *** lawyer.

I didn’t find out that I loss 360 until I saw the window sticker say 360 N/A with tow package at the dealer lot. Never saw this warning online when building the Ram I wanted.

A person can’t even come here and vent without all you and your internet beer muscles hammering down on your screens or keyboards about it. It’s plain pathetic.

Cannonball

Reaction score
Oh this
I agree with the guy that Ram sure as **** shafted us all who force on us a tow package and remove more expensive features to do so.

Do I believe a class action lawsuit would win, don’t think so unless you had thousands of owners sign up and a good *** lawyer.

I didn’t find out that I loss 360 until I saw the window sticker say 360 N/A with tow package at the dealer lot. Never saw this warning online when building the Ram I wanted.

A person can’t even come here and vent without all you and your internet beer muscles hammering down on your screens or keyboards about it. It’s plain pathetic.

Oh this is going to be good. I'm going to get some popcorn and be right back....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread