5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tow Package (Are Dealers Confused)

Joel

Reaction score
Easy way to tell. Does it look like the picture below, including little blind spot mirror i placed an arrow at? If yes, then you dont have tow mirrors and dont have a tow package, although you will most likely still have the hitch

For instance I don't have the towing package, but do have a trailer brake controller and all the other items (hitch, wiring, etc).

View attachment 9247

Tow mirrors look like this

View attachment 9251

You can also access your build shield here:

https://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=???

Just put your VIN number in where I put the ???
I tried that keeps saying no vin found

Joel

Reaction score
Easy way to tell. Does it look like the picture below, including little blind spot mirror i placed an arrow at? If yes, then you dont have tow mirrors and dont have a tow package, although you will most likely still have the hitch

For instance I don't have the towing package, but do have a trailer brake controller and all the other items (hitch, wiring, etc).

View attachment 9247

Tow mirrors look like this

View attachment 9251

You can also access your build shield here:

https://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=???

Just put your VIN number in where I put the ???
Ok so it doesn't have to mirrors does it change anything with the towing capacity I do have a 35ft camper that I to I had a 16 Silverado 1/2ton that hauled it

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ok so it doesn't have to mirrors does it change anything with the towing capacity I do have a 35ft camper that I to I had a 16 Silverado 1/2ton that hauled it
No change to towing capacity, the Rebel has the class IV hitch standard. Did you get the trailer brake controller? A 35 foot camper has to be interesting to tow behind a 1/2 ton.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Also, if you are asking if the max tow ratings are affected...then yes. But it has nothing to do with mirrors. Answer to why can be found by reading in the towing section.

Joel

Reaction score
No change to towing capacity, the Rebel has the class IV hitch standard. Did you get the trailer brake controller? A 35 foot camper has to be interesting to tow behind a 1/2 ton.
Yes it has trailer brake controller

Str8Cracker

Reaction score
This was a big deal for me too. All I was after was a white monotone rebel crew cab with a moonroof and power fold mirrors. Although I have a three car garage, I park on the single bay side and power fold is a must. My 2011 had no power fold mirrors and rolling down the window to pull in the drivers side got old. Living in Illinois the nearest one I could find on Ram’s website was just over 200 miles away in Wisconsin. I made the deal with dealership via email and planned to buy the following weekend when one showed up in transit to a town about 30 minutes from my house. Nevertheless they matched the deal and the truck was delivered the following day.

Users who are viewing this thread