5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tow Mirrors?

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ram has some of the best non-tow mirrors for towing.
Best reach and convex spot mirror.

IMHO the flip up tow mirrors look wrong on the 1500, but oh so right on the HD's.

MTaylor

Reaction score
I have never seen power adjust lowers. Those 25 mirrors will have power convex adjust. Those I would buy.
Agree, I'd spend the $$$ as well on new style 1500 tow mirrors. Likely would need more than just the mirrors bc our current door module won't have all the features. Just hope there is a way to retrofit.

Only other real option now is to use GM style mirrors from Boost Auto but they are still missing 360 cam. Since I have that on my current Rebel (along with BSM, heat and power fold), not sure what would happen to that vuew going aftermarket.

MTaylor

Reaction score
Ram has some of the best non-tow mirrors for towing.
Best reach and convex spot mirror.

IMHO the flip up tow mirrors look wrong on the 1500, but oh so right on the HD's.
Yup, they are nice and have read that we can remove and go back to sport/Std mirrors. I was almost thinking of doing this as well until I read 1 comment in old thread (attached).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230717_113952_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230717_113952_Chrome.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 6

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yup, they are nice and have read that we can remove and go back to sport/Std mirrors. I was almost thinking of doing this as well until I read 1 comment in old thread (attached).
I would search junkyards for mirrors from a truck with the same options. I swear in another thread, Jimmy07, the genius when it comes to these things, said they can be calibrated after a switch. @Jimmy07

MTaylor

Reaction score
I would search junkyards for mirrors from a truck with the same options. I swear in another thread, Jimmy07, the genius when it comes to these things, said they can be calibrated after a switch. @Jimmy07
Yes, Jimmy did say they could as well but if you read the thread comment I attached, the person said AlfaOBD did calibrate but gave error msgs. Agree, might be worth a test with junkyard specials if found cheap enough

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online