5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tow Mirrors?

W Six

Reaction score
Good Day Folks.
I’m back in a Ram now.
The truck has the tow hitch and brake controller, but lacks tow mirrors.
Does anyone her have any good recommendations s for an aftermarket set, or is there some generational overlap as to what will fit the 5th gen trucks from maybe a 4th gen?

I ran into this on my Tundra, and picked up a used set of GM style aftermarket mirrors, and they were fine…they were not Boost brand, so much more economical.

TIA

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I hate the factory tow mirrors. Looks like a moose coming down the road when up, and not very good for driving when down. That's one good change for 25, they will be power extending for towing instead. My plan is buying clip on trailer mirrors for towing. Many styles available at etrailer.com

BTB123

Reaction score
What do you have and where are you? I’ll trade my tow mirrors off my 23 Ram.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a set of clip ons in my Amazon wish list I keep forgetting about. Thanks for reminding me. I tow the camper about once a month, not worth changing to the big ugly mirrors.

Richard320

Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Good Day Folks.
I’m back in a Ram now.
The truck has the tow hitch and brake controller, but lacks tow mirrors.
Does anyone her have any good recommendations s for an aftermarket set, or is there some generational overlap as to what will fit the 5th gen trucks from maybe a 4th gen?

I ran into this on my Tundra, and picked up a used set of GM style aftermarket mirrors, and they were fine…they were not Boost brand, so much more economical.

TIA
The search feature is your friend. There's some nice big pictures of clip-ons here.

W Six

Reaction score
I would not have thought they had nice clip ons…thanks.
I’ll still prefer a regular tow mirror.

W Six

Reaction score
“Moose Mirrors”
All the tears I drove the O6, I’d never heard them referred to as such :LOL:

kardude9048

Reaction score
I would not have thought they had nice clip ons…thanks.
I’ll still prefer a regular tow mirror.
I had clip-ons, they vibrated! Put on flip-up ram tow mirrors, it was lotta mula, but did the job! My safety and being comfortable is over and above what it looks like!! (2016,2023)

MTaylor

Reaction score
What do you have and where are you? I’ll trade my tow mirrors off my 23 Ram.
I'd trade mine in a heartbeat as well. Now searching for sport mirrors. Maybe we can start a "pay it forward" thread to avoid high dealer costs, lol.

Ratchet

Reaction score
Are the lower mirrors pwr or manual adjust?

Got some good front and back pics? How far do they stick out in normal and extended tow mode?
No. Small convex mirrors are manual adjust but I did opt to have both glasses heated.

Sure, I can get you some pics when I get off work today. Will be later this evening and I’ll PM them to you. They look identical to the factory tow mirrors except I have the chrome caps on mine.

Last edited:

MTaylor

Reaction score
No. Small convex mirrors are menial adjust but I did opt to have both glasses heated.

Sure, I can get you some pics when I get off work today. Will be later this evening and I’ll PM them to you. They look identical to the factory tow mirrors except I have the chrome caps on mine.
Oh, so you have the flip style like Ram OEM? I thought maybe you had the Boost GM style (stacked) that they make for Ram.

Last edited:

Ratchet

Reaction score
No. Mine are the flip up Ram style but made by Boost. Just like OE. I only had auto dim, heat, and power fold. No other features on my truck. New mirrors do not have auto dim but have heat and power fold. Wind noise is just a lil more vs the factory mirrors.

6of36

Reaction score
Are the lower mirrors pwr or manual adjust?

Got some good front and back pics? How far do they stick out in normal and extended tow mode?
I have never seen power adjust lowers. Those 25 mirrors will have power convex adjust. Those I would buy.

Users who are viewing this thread