5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tow mirrors

EGJ16

Reaction score
So I currently have the regular mirrors with power folding and BSM. I want to change them to tow mirrors with BSM but manual folding. Could I just buy the manual folding and put them on? I’m thinking I could, I just wont have use for the power fold button on the door since they arent power folding. Everything else should work. Just trying to get some clarification.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
So I currently have the regular mirrors with power folding and BSM. I want to change them to tow mirrors with BSM but manual folding. Could I just buy the manual folding and put them on? I’m thinking I could, I just wont have use for the power fold button on the door since they arent power folding. Everything else should work. Just trying to get some clarification.
No, You need the modules and new window switches...

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That’ll work fine. You don’t need different door modules, and you can keep the switch with the power fold button. You’ll need to enable the tow mirror setting in the BCM so the mirror directional buttons will work in the correct orientation when the mirrors are flipped up. You’ll also want to disable the power fold setting in the BCM so an open circuit fault is not stored in the door modules. You’ll never know they’re present because it doesn’t request a check engine light, but the faults will be there.

Users who are viewing this thread