5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tow mirrors tilt on reverse

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
It has been clear for a while that the tow mirrors did not power fold...

I never tried to tilt them with the tow mirrors up.... I turned off the tilt as it tilts way to low to be useful and there is no way to adjust how far down they tilt.

Has anyone tried adjusting the tilt of the mirrors while in reverse with the setting on? I played with them a little bit and they appeared to retain the position which I set them to and returned to my original position when shifting to drive. I believe you just have to adjust them to where you want while in reverse and they will retain that position.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can adjust them while in R but the setting is not saved (at least it didn't on mine, and I tried 'saving' it to the seat memory).

alantry

Reaction score
Chrome mirrors
Thanks.

So what i found out today with spending most of the day at the dealership l, is that if you have the “Blackout” package, then it’s a completely different mirror. Why that is the case is beyond me because it seems like one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard of. The “Chrome” tow mirrors come with a different/ additional motor plus the “memory” capability. Why would they elimate these features for the blackout models makes no sense whatsoever. The chrome is just a cover, they’re made from the same mold. This is definelty an issue and I’m going to push it up to see what the reasoning behind this was. You pay extra for the package then they cheap out on things, just like eliminating the 360 view for tow mirrors, but I’m sure you still pay for it since it was apart of the original package.

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
You can adjust them while in R but the setting is not saved (at least it didn't on mine, and I tried 'saving' it to the seat memory).

I will double check mine. I felt like it saved it but I really don’t like that feature so it’s turned off.

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
I stand corrected. They did not retain the position. I must not have adjusted them that much before and I thought they went back to where I set them.

In testing it just now I noticed that the passengers side also got “stuck” in the down position when shifting from reverse to park. The drivers side went back to normal. It wasn’t until I shifted to drive that the passengers side went back to normal. It did not do that every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I am having the same issue where my mirrors are not going back to the original position. 2019 Ram Limited with Tow Mirrors. Sometimes the driver side mirror won't even make it half way. I have to stop the truck and hit the 1 seat memory to get it to go back. I wonder if they can be re-adjusted.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
[QUOTE="go-ram, post: 65074, member: 507"
If everyone just disables the function and doesn't use it and doesn't complain to dealer or Ram Care, it'll never get fixed.

You are correct... I did indeed send an email to RAM through the MOPAR website about being able to adjust the tilt and possibly saving the setting on the seat memory function.

This is is the webpage I used to contact them

EMAIL Mopar[/QUOTE]

Done! I emailed Mopar. Everyone else should probably do the same.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@Gondul

Mopar response

"
Thank you for contacting RAM Customer Care.

Please see your local RAM dealer for assistance with your concern. The dealer will address this concern per the terms of the warranty. we are unable to diagnosis concerns via email or by phone"

Pretty much told me to kick rocks.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Weird... when I sent mine in several months ago, I got a generic 'we will pass it along to XXXX department'.

Rambro23

Reaction score
Thanks.

So what i found out today with spending most of the day at the dealership l, is that if you have the “Blackout” package, then it’s a completely different mirror. Why that is the case is beyond me because it seems like one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard of. The “Chrome” tow mirrors come with a different/ additional motor plus the “memory” capability. Why would they elimate these features for the blackout models makes no sense whatsoever. The chrome is just a cover, they’re made from the same mold. This is definelty an issue and I’m going to push it up to see what the reasoning behind this was. You pay extra for the package then they cheap out on things, just like eliminating the 360 view for tow mirrors, but I’m sure you still pay for it since it was apart of the original package.
I have this same dilemma! My chrome mirrors broke, I bought black replacements and now they don’t tilt in reverse. So damn annoying!

Reaction score
Seems that a lot of people on here were fooled by thinking that the Tow Mirrors were power folding mirrors (I was one of them). But I'm having another issue and can't seem to get a straight answer for. I have the tow mirrors and my Uconnect has the option to have the mirrors tilt when the truck goes into reverse. But when I try to select it, it doesn't allow me to. I took it into the dealership and they said the computer says its active, but then came back and told me that its not an option with the tow mirrors. Not sure why it wouldn't be an option considering that they are power mirrors already.

Is anyone else having this same issue? Is it just my truck having an issue? or is it my dealership not knowing what they are doing?
I have tilt power mirrors and also power fold with 360 camera on them 2021 Laramie 6.4 bed

Users who are viewing this thread