5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tow Mirrors, are they worth it?

runamuck

Reaction score
I disabled mine because I have a rear entry garage and long driveway with many obstacles along each side. dont need to see down as much as what's happening on the sides.. nice to have on when parking near passenger side curb

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So do the stock mirrors have the auto tilt feature when backing? That would be very useful.
The power folding mirrors (not tow mirrors) on my Laramie have the auto tilt function for backing. You make the selection through the UConnect screens. I tried the setting for a while and its nice for seeing the lines; but I now have it switched off because I am accustomed to backing with regular mirrors. I felt a little disoriented when I used the auto tilt function; made me look like a Rookie backing in.

RAMDJ

Reaction score
The power folding mirrors (not tow mirrors) on my Laramie have the auto tilt function for backing. You make the selection through the UConnect screens. I tried the setting for a while and its nice for seeing the lines; but I now have it switched off because I am accustomed to backing with regular mirrors. I felt a little disoriented when I used the auto tilt function; made me look like a Rookie backing in.

Good to know. I will check them out when I go to order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/