5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tow Mirror Covers

Rambro23

Reaction score
Anyone know how to replace the manual folding, chrome tow mirror covers/caps and replace with the black ones? This is the final chrome piece I need blacked out for my Laramie Sport!

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There is a pretty comprehensive thread here already about mirror covers, but here are a coupe of attachments that might help .
Read the tread at
side mirror removal to replace mirror cap

Attachments

• Outside Rearview Mirror Glass - Removal and Installation.pdf
    102.8 KB · Views: 110
  • Outside Rearview Mirror Cover - Removal and Installation (1).pdf
    117.3 KB · Views: 53

Livinfast85

Reaction score
There is a pretty comprehensive thread here already about mirror covers, but here are a coupe of attachments that might help .
Read the tread at
side mirror removal to replace mirror cap
The problem with these documents is that they aren't for the Tow mirrors which have a completely different style cover.

myram2019

Reaction score
Either way use a suction cup to remove the mirror. This has been the most successful way of not breaking a mirror. I did it and had great success. Once you get the mirror off you can see what is holding on the cap. Good luck

RBRK

Reaction score
You can't change just the cover on the tow mirrors. I bought black mirrors and swapped the wiring and actuators from my chrome so they had blindspot, heat and memory, since you cannot get all of those options in a black tow mirror. What trim do you have and mirror options now?

Reaction score
I am in the same position you are. I have a 19 Laramie with the Chrome tow mirrors. Currently doing my digging, so please do keep me updated.

I did read somewhere on the forums that the older tow mirrors have black covers available on ebay that slide over the tow mirrors with the light holes on the top corner. However when you flip the mirror vertical, you will see the chrome again. I might end up going this route if we cant find another solution. I would rather not though.

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread