5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tow hooks.. Who has installed their own... I have questions..

Ramjack

Reaction score
I was just wondering the same thing. BTW, pics of 8.7L Hemi (in your signature)?

TurdFerguson

Reaction score
2018-09-29 15_26_38-.png

Question is. the 115 NM bolt. I got it loose but it never comes fully out. it drops down about 3/4" - 1" and just dangles there mocking me. Is it supposed to take force to get it out?

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There is a retaining clip on the thread of the bolt.

I used channel locks to pull down the bolt while using impactdriver to free the bolt.

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks good!

You can cutout the center of the old bezel and reuse it. Or order a new set for the tow hooks.

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think you can slip them over. But need small hands to install the bolts on top. You reuse the bolts from the factory bezel and those retaining clips at the bottom of the bezel.

TurdFerguson

Reaction score
I think you can slip them over. But need small hands to install the bolts on top. You reuse the bolts from the factory bezel and those retaining clips at the bottom of the bezel.
Yeah. those were a ***** to get out. I didn't find any US vendors with that part no#. I have emailed the joint where I got my hooks from. Where did you order or bezels from?

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah. those were a ***** to get out. I didn't find any US vendors with that part no#. I have emailed the joint where I got my hooks from. Where did you order or bezels from?

Avondaleautomotive on eBay. They are a Ram dealer in AZ. Really good to do business with.

Users who are viewing this thread