5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tow Hooks/Shackle mount on grille guard

howsitgoineh

Reaction score
Hi all, I've just installed a Westin Sportsman X on the front of my 1500 Tradesman ORP - Disappointed to find out I had to remove my front tow hooks to get it mounted..
Does anyone here have any ideas on how to mount some new hooks or shackle mounts?
Any help is much appreciated. Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_20210212_203140_01.jpg
    IMG_20210212_203140_01.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 104

41magmag41

Reaction score
That's why I haven't gone with the grill guard or push bar, would have to remove my tow hooks. Haven't found a solution yet to have both.

Maxx102

Reaction score
I've been looking into this as well. I can't find any grille guards that allow the factory tow hooks to stay, least not yet. But I think I may have found a viable alternative.....a front mounted 2 inch receiver. Then again, the lower bar of the grille guard may interfere with a front mounted receiver.

1616216711141.png

Shorty1315

Reaction score
That's why I haven't gone with the grill guard or push bar, would have to remove my tow hooks. Haven't found a solution yet to have both.
I'm sticking my nose where it doesn't belong as i don't know much about grill guards (although I've been looking...), but have you looked at Steelcraft yet? I remembered seeing this on a post somewhere.

Steelcraft Elevation 60-12270C Features:
E-coated and powder coated with a 2-year warranty
Flat steel for an OEM look Retain your factory tow hooks, fog lights, and license plate
Optional 20" Lightbar, two pair of 3" Cube light Engineered by actual engineers for fitment installation, strength, and durability

howsitgoineh

Reaction score
I've been looking into this as well. I can't find any grille guards that allow the factory tow hooks to stay, least not yet. But I think I may have found a viable alternative.....a front mounted 2 inch receiver. Then again, the lower bar of the grille guard may interfere with a front mounted receiver.

View attachment 86292

Yep if this is possible it may be the option I take. The step bar on my guard sits much lower than the position of the receiver tube, only question is where it bolts on, I think may be the same portion of the frame where the lower mounting brackets are.
I contacted Curt about it but they didn't have a definitive answer for me

howsitgoineh

Reaction score
I know also there can be hooks bolted on to the HDX grille guard with winch tray, but I've got the sportsman X on the truck right now, really like the look of it but I suppose could change to get the most of both functionality and protection.. lots of deer around my area

darkodonny

Reaction score
I realize that this is a several year old thread, but has anyone found a solution yet?

A-TEAM

Reaction score
Since the push bar is attached to the tow hook mount cant you just wrap a tow strap around the bar where the mounts are?

darkodonny

Reaction score
I would have to see it up close and most pics I’ve seen aren’t focused on the mount location. I would need to be able to wrap a rope only on the frame mount, not the grill guard.

Users who are viewing this thread