5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tow Hooks out of stock....everywhere

ClayFire2

Reaction score
Well I kind of got them in today... the order arrived but only had the RH hook and the 2 bolts for each side. I also instead of the LH hook recieved a dodge cargo organizer im guessing they pulled the wrong item some how.. ive sent and email to all mopar parts about the issue and they responded right away saying they would get the correct item out and figure out a return shipping for the organizer.. I did go ahead and installed the RH Hook and had no issues at all. Very easy and was done in about 10 minutes.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

mark-e-mark

Reaction score
Mopar parts overstock will have tow hooks by June 1. That's according to c/s. Having said that, Chrysler has just jacked up the price on chrome hooks by $26.00 apiece. Bastards.
I just started looking again and I see the price difference... Dang

ClayFire2

Reaction score
I paid $153.75 for Chrome Tow Hooks back last year from the dealer.
The dealers can't even get them, says in their system they have no date for even the possibility for them to be in stock but stated the price is $107 per hook which you can still place an order and be put on the wait list per my dealer.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I finally was able to order some through my local dealership about a week ago and they are supposed to be here Monday. I paid $230 for black hooks and the bezels plus hardware. He did say the prices went up and you have to order them individually now for some reason. Weird

ClayFire2

Reaction score
I finally was able to order some through my local dealership about a week ago and they are supposed to be here Monday. I paid $230 for black hooks and the bezels plus hardware. He did say the prices went up and you have to order them individually now for some reason. Weird
Thats what i was told too that they no longer sell the kit. I guess so they can make more money!

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wonder if the tariffs have anything to do with the price increase or is it just inflation?

Gdbstudios

Reaction score
When I was looking for some tow hooks late 2019 I found out that there was a problem with a supplier. Chrysler had changed suppliers and that took some time to get the product made. I was told stock would return by March, but that didn't happen. Looks like there are still some shortages. Anyone had any luck from a junkyard? I'd be willing to pull them if the truck wasn't damaged in the front.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They created the demand by not installing them on a 4X4 truck as a stock option.
So
When I was looking for some tow hooks late 2019 I found out that there was a problem with a supplier. Chrysler had changed suppliers and that took some time to get the product made. I was told stock would return by March, but that didn't happen. Looks like there are still some shortages. Anyone had any luck from a junkyard? I'd be willing to pull them if the truck wasn't damaged in the front.
Mine were supposed to come in today (ordered 2 weeks ago) but no luck, was told to check back on Friday. Sounds like I am going to get the old "check back next week" for awhile (n).

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So

Mine were supposed to come in today (ordered 2 weeks ago) but no luck, was told to check back on Friday. Sounds like I am going to get the old "check back next week" for awhile (n).
About 4 weeks now and still no tow hooks :mad:

ClayFire2

Reaction score
About 4 weeks now and still no tow hooks :mad:
Where did you order from? I ordered from allmoparparts.com and got them in a week. That was about a month and a half ago.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Where did you order from? I ordered from allmoparparts.com and got them in a week. That was about a month and a half ago.

I ordered from my local dealership. If they don't come in this week in might cancel the order and try allmoparparts. Did you order black or chrome?

ClayFire2

Reaction score
I ordered from my local dealership. If they don't come in this week in might cancel the order and try allmoparparts. Did you order black or chrome?
Gotcha when I talked to the dealer they told me there was nothing in sight of them ever getting them in. I even said well how is that when the new 2020 trucks had them stock and he looked at me with a very dumb face! Haha I ordered black.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Gotcha when I talked to the dealer they told me there was nothing in sight of them ever getting them in. I even said well how is that when the new 2020 trucks had them stock and he looked at me with a very dumb face! Haha I ordered black.

Lol, yeah my dealership keeps telling me they are are the list to receive 30 hooks from the manufacturer and they should be in soon. I think they are blowing smoke.

ClayFire2

Reaction score
Lol, yeah my dealership keeps telling me they are are the list to receive 30 hooks from the manufacturer and they should be in soon. I think they are blowing smoke.
Yeah I wouldn't trust them, they couldn't even help me with finding the lower mesh grill because I didn't come up with my vin. I had to provide them the part number. Which ones are you needing to get? The black ones are $161, ends up 182 shipped for the kit and the chrome looks like 200 before checkout I just looked on allmoparparts.com

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah I wouldn't trust them, they couldn't even help me with finding the lower mesh grill because I didn't come up with my vin. I had to provide them the part number. Which ones are you needing to get? The black ones are $161, ends up 182 shipped for the kit and the chrome looks like 200 before checkout I just looked on allmoparparts.com

Looking for the black ones as well. I will give them until Friday this week then cancel the order. Thanks for the info, I think that price might be slightly better than my dealership anyway.

RAM5

Reaction score
so, I’m assuming that y’all didn’t get front tow hooks on your 4x4 like I didn’t on my 2019 Tradesman, unless you ordered them before delivery of your truck?

i didn’t notice that my 2019 didn’t have the front tow hooks until after I purchased it and drove it home. I guess I should have paid more attention, but I was so excited about my 5.7 Hemi that nothing else mattered at that time

Users who are viewing this thread