5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tow Hooks out of stock....everywhere

mark-e-mark

Reaction score
So I'm trying to buy black tow hooks (82215268AB), and I have order from 2 Mopar websites. Each order has been cancelled because the tow hooks are out and will not be in till June? Anyone know why? Anyone know of a site that still has them left?

Dynamite

Reaction score

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Glad I didn't wait. I'm not surprised anyone with a 4X4 wants front tow hooks on their truck. Probably one of the top upgrades for those they did not get them from the factory.

mark-e-mark

Reaction score
Glad I didn't wait. I'm not surprised anyone with a 4X4 wants front tow hooks on their truck. Probably one of the top upgrades for those they did not get them from the factory.
I guess, I am a little surprised. I reached out to my dealer see if he can get some. I might just have to bite the bullet. Want to get the installed before the clear bra installation.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I guess, I am a little surprised. I reached out to my dealer see if he can get some. I might just have to bite the bullet. Want to get the installed before the clear bra installation.
Here is your bullet... :D

Abesosa

Reaction score
Here is your bullet... :D

That one says out of stock also now lol

2019 Ram 1500 Limited Granite Crystal 4x4 with Off-Road Group and air ride
20% Cermanic Tint
USA Flag Decal on rear 5th Window
Xpel Door Edge and door handle Protection
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BugGuy

Reaction score
So I'm trying to buy black tow hooks (82215268AB), and I have order from 2 Mopar websites. Each order has been cancelled because the tow hooks are out and will not be in till June? Anyone know why? Anyone know of a site that still has them left?

Could they possibly come from China?? With them being shut down due to the coronavirus, that could be the delay.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Mopar sites still say first come first serve without a estimated date...

Ebay has this that claims to be available however that's Ebay... I don't know how accurate the listing is:

j-dubya

Reaction score
I actually just bought and installed the ones Willwork4truck mentioned in the above post. Now i dont feel like i'll get stuck every time i drag a roundbale to my cows...

bloodline

Reaction score
I had the same issue, cancelled twice by two different Mopar part dealers. I ended up biting the bullet and ordering from ebay.

dsn112

Reaction score

Just pull blank covers and get your film done. Having them on is only going to get in the way of the installer anyway.

UKreject

Reaction score
Mopar parts overstock will have tow hooks by June 1. That's according to c/s. Having said that, Chrysler has just jacked up the price on chrome hooks by $26.00 apiece. Bastards.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mopar parts overstock will have tow hooks by June 1. That's according to c/s. Having said that, Chrysler has just jacked up the price on chrome hooks by $26.00 apiece. Bastards.
Cool, thanks for the info. Yeah, last I talked to my local parts department they said they don't sell them as a set anymore and only individually and the price went up :rolleyes:

Jwb473

Reaction score
I'd appreciate yall's perspective on the hooks. I'd prefer to have the hook style rather than the loop style. On the Mopar parts site, it lists the hooks available for the DT. (https://www.moparpartsoverstock.com/p/RAM_2020_1500/HOOK-KIT-Tow---Front/6956849/82210967.html) which is part # 82210967 . On ebay I found these (https://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Tow-Hooks-Fit-for-Dodge-Ram-1500-2009-2017/254495344021) but it only says through 2017. In the description, however, it says it replaces OEM 82210967, same part # as the Mopar site. Do y'all think these hooks will fit my 2020 1500? I also saw somewhere the same hooks listed for steel bumper only, not sure what difference it would make. Any perspectives would be appreciated!

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I prefer the hook style as well. But both of the links you sent will not mount on the 2019-2020 trucks. They have a different bolt pattern.

They must look like these:

Jwb473

Reaction score
I prefer the hook style as well. But both of the links you sent will not mount on the 2019-2020 trucks. They have a different bolt pattern.

They must look like these:
I appreciate the help! The first website I had in my post incorrectly says those hooks work for a 2020, I can now see why they will not work.

Last edited:

ClayFire2

Reaction score
Just FYI for anyone still looking for the tow hooks. I was looking on several of the mopar sites, allmoparparts.com and moparperformanceonline.com and they both have changed the part number it shows now as DTTOWHOOKBLK, I emailed them both to check what that meant since I've had no luck finding these. The guys at All Mopar Parts replied saying they had to change the part number do to the original part number being discontinued but that these are available for order with a lead time of 5-7 days. It was 160 for the hooks and 21 bucks for shipping. I'll let you know when I get them.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread