5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tow hook Shackle Swap

Apettit13

Reaction score
Has anyone come across, or rigged up how to swap the front row hooks to shackles?

move got a shackle on the rear hitch, and I would love to swap the front row hooks over to shackles in order to match, but I cannot seem to find anything.

If anyone has done anything like this, please post some pictures and let me know where you found the items!

TX_Phil

Reaction score
Sorry but I don't follow what you are looking for. The tow hooks bolt to the frame. Can't picture a way to attach a shackle in place of the tow hook. Are you wanting an eyelet in place of the tow hook? Basically a plate with a hole in it allowing you to connect a shackle to the plate?

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Apettit13

Reaction score
Sorry but I don't follow what you are looking for. The tow hooks bolt to the frame. Can't picture a way to attach a shackle in place of the tow hook. Are you wanting an eyelet in place of the tow hook? Basically a plate with a hole in it allowing you to connect a shackle to the plate?

What I want is something like this. Obviously the tow loop wraps under and bolts to the flame, I essentially want something that replaces the look with a plate to put a shackle. Haven’t been able to find anything, and not sure if anyone else had something that existed.

Attachments

• CA998C4B-6595-4064-96C5-35D3F8185275.jpeg
    CA998C4B-6595-4064-96C5-35D3F8185275.jpeg
    113.5 KB · Views: 136

Apettit13

Reaction score
You could always try something like this Shackle might take some drilling
That’s for an actual hitch, it would be too thick for the bezel, I also don’t think it would be long enough. On top of that I would like to refrain from drilling into the frame lol

TX_Phil

Reaction score
What I want is something like this. Obviously the tow loop wraps under and bolts to the flame, I essentially want something that replaces the look with a plate to put a shackle. Haven’t been able to find anything, and not sure if anyone else had something that existed.
Ok, that's what I thought you were getting at. I've not seen any for our body style. Thinking something turned 90 degrees might fit through the bumper openings but I like the idea. I don't have factory tow hooks so if you find something share it please.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow...I was just googling something like this...then I came to the forums to search as well and found this thread.

I don't have any tow hooks on my laramie, so I'm trying to figure out what I can do. I don't want to get the factory front hooks because they aren't open for me to slide my strap on easy.

I was lucky enough to get stuck head first into a small ditch and I was able to use a shackle tied to my tow hitch to get pulled out by my wife jeep ( she has an aftermarket bumper with shackles) ...and worked like a charm. Now I need something in the front.

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie, 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Vilas15

Reaction score
I'm planning on getting the tow hooks and picking up a soft shackle. Loop shackle onto hook and through strap, problem solved.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm planning on getting the tow hooks and picking up a soft shackle. Loop shackle onto hook and through strap, problem solved.
Well d@mn. Didn't think they made soft ones like that. Then thats what I will do. Now I need to get my tow hooks. Thanks.

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie, 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Users who are viewing this thread