5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tow Hook License Plate Relocation Bracket

apereira

Reaction score
I don't know how much interest there will be in this, but I figured I would write something up in case anyone else wants to do the same. I recently removed the passive and active air dam on my truck and I didn't like the look of the factory license plate bracket hanging down below the rest of the bumper. I looked around and couldn't find anything made for the Ram I liked, but I did come across the SwarfWorks license plate relocation bracket for the Ford Raptor. I decided to make a bracket in that same style so I modeled two mounts in Fusion 360 that sandwich the tow hook. This allows a STO N SHO license plate bracket to be attached. I chose the STO N SHO bracket for a 2015-2018 BMW M-series as it looked like it would fit well. I did need to bend the bracket slightly so it was vertical when mounted. The mounts were printed out of polycarbonate on a Prusa i3 MK3S+ with a 20mm brim to prevent warping.

Here is a list of the parts I used:
- Upper and Lower Polycarbonate Tow Hook Mounts
- Stainless Steel 1/4"-20 x 1-1/2" Bolt
- Stainless Steel 1/4"-20 Acorn Nut
- STO N SHO SNS67 Bracket

Here is a link to the STL files for the upper and lower mount. I can't guarantee that the fit in other tow hooks will be as close as it is in mine. There are likely small variations between tow hooks due to the fact that they are forged. Another concern I had was the license plate interfering with the parking sensors, but it hasn't been an issue so far.

IMG_3481.jpeg

IMG_3482.jpeg

IMG_3484.jpeg

IMG_3485.jpeg

IMG_3486.jpeg

IMG_3478.jpeg

IMG_3477.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread