5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tow hitch in a an accident

My buddy has a 99' Cherokee. There was a recall that installed a hitch to protect his fuel tank, but no wiring harness. He doesn't tow, so he never added a stock hitch, or wiring after.

Neither on our Jeep, no wiring of towing with it, just essentially became a nice bicycle carry mount. That's probably 90% of most receivers are used for anyways.

Exactly, inspect hitch spacing from fuel tank and replace as needed. There are multiple hitch recalls
You didnt read the whole thing. If there wasn't a hitch installed, then they installed one as well

I'm still not sure I understand if the guy that started this thread two years ago was talking about the actual receiver or the ball mount that goes in it. Seems like the conversation goes back and forth.

You didnt read the whole thing. If there wasn't a hitch installed, then they installed one as well
There are 3 hitch recalls. Some years/models got hitches regardless. Some years/models only had hitch replaced if too close to fuel tank. Like the N47.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221218_133524_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
    Screenshot_20221218_133524_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
There are 3 hitch recalls. Some years/models got hitches regardless. Some years/models only had hitch replaced if too close to fuel tank. Like the N47.
Right, but you stated, as a matter of fact, as if you were the only one correct, that the recall only replaced aftermarket hitches and wasnt about adding one for protection on those jeeps that didn't have one

0⁰qa
Right, but you stated, as a matter of fact, as if you were the only one correct, that the recall only replaced aftermarket hitches and wasnt about adding one for protection on those jeeps that didn't have one
I corrected my mistake, I apologize for my mistake

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Back