5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tow/haul button and check engine light

Jbt816

Reaction score
removing thread as it was in the wrong location

Last edited:

Drewster

Reaction score
Yeah, the Check Engine Light and different driving probably means you're getting forced into open loop or some other mode to protect the engine - I doubt it has anything to do with Tow/ Haul.

I'm guessing the truck is out of warranty since it's used? If so, I would try replacing the bank 2 O2 sensor (Get the actual OE/ OEM replacement and not the wire-it-yourself BS) and check for any leaks, cracked manifolds, etc. If it still pops up I would probably replace the injectors on that bank.

Quint

Reaction score
My 2015 occasionally threw a code (check engine light) but only when I would tow. The code was for a misfire on Cylinder #5. Eventually I learned that this was an early warning to the cam & lifter failure. My shop originally replaced the #5 plugs, cap, and wires but eventually realized it was something deeper.

Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread