5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Totally unhappy with my purchase

Reaction score
First, really sorry for the bad experience...sounds like you really have a lemon purchased from a really horrible dealership and your recent move definitely complicates things.

Secondly, I understand your anger as reasoning to create "Don't buy a Ram" as a new user name but you know that is just going to inspire the thought that you're going to be nothing more than a troll on the Forum from here on out...just saying.

Maybe it's me, but had over 70 vehicles in my lifetime with more than half being brand new (Chevy, GM, Dodge/Ram, Ford, VW, Land Rover, Jaguar, Nissan, Toyota, Jeep etc.). I have had multiple vehicles and generations with all the manufactures and some have had issues independent of which brand. And definitely had my share of really excellent to really horrible dealership experiences as well. But without that experience, it is really hard to know which dealerships to avoid without doing a lot of research first.

For my 2020 Ram, I only had (1) factory service bulletin that was addressed which was actually less than some of my new GM and Ford purchases. To date, I have had no issues at all and the dealership I purchased from has been excellent. I even complained about a small dent on the fender lip that I eventually noticed weeks after my purchase and they said "no problem"; they repaired it for me at no cost even after I stated that I wasn't sure if it was there since purchase or not. That fact doesn't help you any, but I guess my point that there are great and bad Ram, GM, Ford, et. al. dealerships but wouldn't prevent me from considering any manufacturer (in fact, I was looking at the AT4 too but like yourself I did not like the interior).

Anyway, getting an attorney involved may help and sure hope Ram Customer Service comes through as well (which might be another frustrating process). But I do feel for your anguish and good luck!
Wow you have had an amazing life to own all those vehicles over your life time!

For me this was my first time buying a new truck paying cash. I was very proud to walk into a dealership and purchase a brand new truck. "American dream".

Calling me a troll is really an awful thing to say to someone!

Perhaps another member will take the information I provided and use it to make a more informed decision with their hard earned money.

Alter Ego Trip

Reaction score
I understand where you are coming from. Maybe not the best approach, but it's easier for the guy outside looking in. Having multiple issues can be infuriating and a poor dealer can exacerbate the issue even further. I have had my fair share of issues with Ram over the years and comparatively speaking they are one of the poorer MFG's when it comes to warranty work, but overall they build a really good truck. I really hope you get your issues sorted out so you can enjoy your vehicle. Buy back processes are there to protect the consumer so investigating your options here would be a good idea.

Desert Dawg

Reaction score
Wow you have had an amazing life to own all those vehicles over your life time!

For me this was my first time buying a new truck paying cash. I was very proud to walk into a dealership and purchase a brand new truck. "American dream".

Calling me a troll is really an awful thing to say to someone!

Perhaps another member will take the information I provided and use it to make a more informed decision with their hard earned money.

No, you misunderstood; I am not calling you a troll. I just said don't be surprised about being called one on the Forum with the user name you chose (but I also said I understood your sentiment for choosing it) in response to the fact that someone else already stated that they thought you were a troll.

I was very empathetic about your experience so no need to get defensive; I was just providing a counterpoint that not all Rams and/or Ram dealerships are bad and therefore not worthy of your statements (user name) to not buy a Ram!

There are lemons with every make but still sucks when it's yours!

Users who are viewing this thread