5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top Speed on WOT

19blueram

The year is 2018 Vehicles all shapes and sizes have had governors on there speed limit for quite some time now. We as a society drive way too fast to begin with. Sometimes it’s just better to keep it little below the speed limit relax and enjoy our trucks !!!

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sheesh... I would not want to be anywhere near you at 105mph on truck tires and something happens. Unless you rob banks for a living or drag race pickup trucks, why would you care if your speed is governed in a truck? Pay someone to flash your ECM if it bothers you that much. Have fun in the hospital, jail or grave... depending how that ends for you. ;)

tenor.gif

LOL! Couldn't resist. "Vader, enough!"
"... I find your lack of safe, disturbing..."

Welll, "Speed-testing" in a top heavy vehicle. I kinda do understand where you're coming from on that one.
I'll also say, as we are rebel drivers? The All-terrain tire/Mud-terrain tire grip on the highway is a different beast from true highway tires. The same stuff that makes them a questionmark and a liability offroad? Does help plant the things at speed. That whole, rubber in contact with the road thing.

I would blame tires and top-heaviness for the built in limiter

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
dukes.jpg
Far more acceptable behavior in a Rebel!

Cheers to all, the end result is we have a solid understanding of the speed restriction on the Rams and why!

surfingcrna

Reaction score
I'm happy they max out the speed since most people driving that fast have no business doing so. Social responsibility. Learn how to do it, in a vehicle that should be doing it and in a place you should be doing it. If not, there's a chance you'll bypass your ER and into my operating room. Worse yet, you will have some innocent bystander join you.

1stTimeRAM

Reaction score
Watching an episode of COPS several years ago. Guy in a sporrs car wrecked out running from the cops. One of the officers said "another high performance car with a low performance driver." Sadly most drivers are unsafe at the posted speed limits, much less at 100+ MPH.

Users who are viewing this thread