5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top of the World trail, Utah

Five_O_Nomad

Reaction score
Has anyone ran the "Top of the World" Trail in Utah in a Rebel? Wanting to get out that way and was trying to see what I need to upgrade first. Thanks everyone!

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Never have myself but watching this video I would say a lift or dare I say LEVEL would be good to have and some rock sliders. And of course 4wd (rear locker wouldn’t hurt)

Me and a friend plan on going to Moab next year and I’ve been watching videos for the trails and may add this one to the list!

to add to this i know for sure we are doing Onion Creek. It would be cool if some locals on the forum or people who have taken their 5th gens to moab and surrounding areas share their experiences and any advice.

another thing im curious about is what is everyone using for gps? xoffroad,alltrails? what device are you pairing that with ?

Last edited:

MagnumPSI

Reaction score
A friend of mine with a Titan Pro-4x on 35s was there earlier this year and did some of the easier trails(Fins and Things, etc.) since he went out there I’ve started my list of places to hit when I’m out there. Right now it’s Onion Creek and Chicken Corners, it would be crazy if someone with a 5th gen made it to top of the world though.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A friend of mine with a Titan Pro-4x on 35s was there earlier this year and did some of the easier trails(Fins and Things, etc.) since he went out there I’ve started my list of places to hit when I’m out there. Right now it’s Onion Creek and Chicken Corners, it would be crazy if someone with a 5th gen made it to top of the world though.
i mean watching that video and seeing the stock jeep do it i wouldnt see why 5th gen couldnt with some decent mods

@Davidbt where does some one find said book?

Rock Crawler

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve been to Moab once and it was HOT and extremely dusty. It was a good time though and I’m glad I was able to do that once in my lifetime. We hit Hey Joe Canyon, Moab Rim, Potato Salad Hill, Pritchett Canyon, Metal Masher, Behind the Rocks, and quite a few more in my 05 LJR. I’d highly recommend a mild lift, rock rails, 4x4, and lockers for most of the trails, unless they are basic beginner trails. It would suck to get half way through a trail and have to turn around and go back due it an inadequate setup.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve been to Moab once and it was HOT and extremely dusty. It was a good time though and I’m glad I was able to do that once in my lifetime. We hit Hey Joe Canyon, Moab Rim, Potato Salad Hill, Pritchett Canyon, Metal Masher, Behind the Rocks, and quite a few more in my 05 LJR. I’d highly recommend a mild lift, rock rails, 4x4, and lockers for most of the trails, unless they are basic beginner trails. It would suck to get half way through a trail and have to turn around and go back due it an inadequate setup.
i plan on going end of september hopefully thats a good time for weather there. what part of the year did u take the trip?

Rock Crawler

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
i plan on going end of september hopefully thats a good time for weather there. what part of the year did u take the trip?

July, 2008

Desert temps 110-115 daytime and pretty dang cold at night. I do not wheel with top and doors to keep those from getting damaged, so we baked. You will most likely need a new air filter and cabin filter when you get back. 🤣 The views are awesome.

Hey Joe Canyon
This trail gets real skinny in some spots, as you can see. That‘s about a 500 foot drop.

heyjoecanyon.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread