5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Took the truck off the road for a bit to do some minor (but time consuming) mods.

ArmyofOne

Reaction score
I finally got my Laramie Sport 4x4 the way I want it. I am only waiting on 2 more items (BT Catch can in red and a sunroof wind deflector) and she's done. Due to lifetime warranty constrains, I really can't do much else. This all took about a month of working a few hours a day (except the paint correction I did all in one shot)

I added:

-Gunmetal Plasti-dip on wheel inserts/center caps
-AVS bug Shield
-AVS low profile vent visors
-Gator lo-pro soft tonneau
-275/60/20 (33") Firestone Destination AT
-Rough country 6" grill LED's wired as DRL
-Paint matched interior trim
-Airlift 1000 w/onboad gauge and compressor
-2" McGauhy's rear lowering springs
-Maxliner Floor Liners
-Husky flaps
-calipers painted Delmonico red
-Badges plasti-dipped gunmetal
-black lugnuts
-gunmetal exhaust tips
-tinted tails/mirror signals
-full paint correction
-CQuartz UK 3.0 Ceramic Coating
-tint=15% rear (over factory), 20%front' 5% pano roof, 5% brow.
-30" LED bar, 22"LED bar, 7" LED strobes (i am volunteer SAR in my county)
-Edge Pulsar
-K&N drop-in w/seconday filter delete

And now, the pix:

Creep0321

Reaction score
Looks great man! Did the inserts in the wheels come out? Or did you spray them in place? How did you go about painting the trim on the center console?

ArmyofOne

Reaction score
I took the console apart and used plasti-dip to mask off areas I didn't want painted, tape doesn't stick very well to the console trim due to the texture.

I left the wheel inserts in the wheels, they are glued on with the same adhesive the factory uses to glue unibody seams together, so you won't get them off without breaking them. Its the same glue that holds the chrome cladding on the chrome 4th gen wheels. I removed the wheel from the truck, sprayed the entire wheel with gunmetal rustoleum peel-coat (similar product to plasti-dip but less texture and lasts longer), and then plasti-dip glossifier. Then I simply peeled the areas that were painted, leaving the peel-coat on the chrome inserts. time consuming, yes. but definitely worth the effort. Then I put the wheel back on the truck and pressure washed the peel-coat off the tires

Creep0321

Reaction score
Damn, that does sound time consuming, I might just do the whole wheel and leave it! Haha

Creep0321

Reaction score
Do you have a link to the black lugnuts you used?

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m really loving the interior color match! Is it terribly difficult to remove the console inserts? I’d be afraid of breaking a clip, or that it would be loose and rattle when I get it back together.

ArmyofOne

Reaction score
no it was actually really simple. a youtube vid showed all the bolt locations. the worst part is having to yank on the center stack to get the tabs loose after unscrewing everything.

Bigty

Reaction score
How are you liking the In Channel Vent Visors? What brand are they? I want a set and Wrap or color match to my granite grey.... but i am hearing some bad reviews about them...
Whats your opinion?

Users who are viewing this thread