5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Too easy to accidentally switch 4WD/2WD.

jastevenson

Reaction score
Anyone find that they accidentally switch themselves out their desired drive mode? It’s easy to switch accidentally since the buttons touch the transmission knob.

I run in 4WD auto almost all the time. But periodically I hit the gas at a right turn and the rear tires spin because I accidentally went into 2WD mode.

Ram should make it so you have to hold down the 2WD or 4WD button for a couple seconds before actuating.

Last edited:

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Never done this. I have grabbed the shifter knob thinking it was the radio knob, and I have also forgot to shift into park and shut the truck off, both things I would have never done with a shift lever and a keyed ignition switch. But I am starting to get used to driving this fine piece of machinery after 3 years :)

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Never. Just use finger tips to turn the shift knob. It turns really easy

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You're all alone on this one. I've never had an issue with it either, and my '14 had a similar shift nob. The only real difference is the buttons were below the nob instead of beside it like they are now. The two were still together though. So I've gone a lot of years without doing that even once.

Users who are viewing this thread