5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tons of issues. Glove Box Light, Ceiling Rattling, etc Pleaae Help

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My truck is currently at the dealership for several issues.

Does anyone know of a fix or have a star case number etc to fix the upper glove box light that stays on? I think I heard some people on here talk about this.

Does anyone know anything about a rattling from the ceiling or back sliding window? I think I also heard some people talk about this also.

Also my back up camera does not always work. Anyone have a fix for this?

My driver side door has a loud whistling noise from the wind. Anyone else have this issue?

Any TSB or star numbers would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Man I hope this gets straightened out. Sounds like a Monday build and I hope it’s not. Have had some rough ones in the past myself. Keep us posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Does anyone know of a fix or have a star case number etc to fix the upper glove box light that stays on? I think I heard some people on here talk about this.

Does anyone know anything about a rattling from the ceiling or back sliding window? I think I also heard some people talk about this also.

My driver side door has a loud whistling noise from the wind. Anyone else have this issue?

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Very early on mine developed a severe rubbing-like noise which only occurred when making left hand turns and on certain pavement irregularities. On a ride the tech could prevent the noise when pulling downward on the rear coat hook on the right (passenger) side. This required taking the headliner down which then exposed a problem with the rear most headliner brace moving under certain circumstances. I had also noticed that I could push the headliner up approximately 2-2.5 inches near the overhead interior lamp.

The fix was stabilizing the headliner brace and installing missing foam spacers between the headliner and the cab roof.

Best regards,
Dusty

2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Now at: 010133 miles.

Creep0321

Reaction score

Any updates?

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Upper glove box light is supposed to stay on... It's part of the amnient lighting

Just to be clear, on Laramie trims and above with the Ambient Lighting package, there are two lights, one for the interior of the Upper Glove Box which should illuminate when opened, and then switch off when closed.

There is another lamp that illuminates along the very top of the Upper Glove Box and stays illuminated when the headlights are on at night.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Now at: 010133 miles.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sounds like I am getting my truck back tomorrow. I will post an update then. They did say they had to adjust the door on the glove box because the light is not suppose to appear on top of the door just at the bottom. They said they replaced the ceiling with some newly released clips so it won’t rattle they also state the drivers side door weather seal was defective and they replaced that.

Users who are viewing this thread