5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonneau Covers

theeuroguy

Reaction score
Tri-Fold, Roll-Up? Not a work truck, just want a nice cover. Live in TX, not much snow, lots of heat! Thoughts on type, brands, what to stay away from. Thanks!

rzims

Reaction score
I bought an inexpensive soft tri-fold off amazon (tyger) and am very happy with it.
My goals were to keep stuff out of view and protected from rain and it does both of those.
Not fancy, not really secure, but fits my needs

c0mbatVet

Reaction score
I bought a Gator SFX soft tri-fold that actually got delivered today but I haven't gotten to it yet. I had a no name $130 soft tri fold from ebay on my last Ram from 2017 to 2020 and it looked just as good as new when I turned the truck in a few weeks ago.

SamRebel2020

Reaction score
Had a soft trifold extang before and was happy with it. On my new Rebel I went with Bakflip MX4 trifold hardcover because it folds up vertically to the back window. Very happy with the MX4.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DannyMc

Reaction score
I’ve had the Mopar hard trifold (made by Bak Industries) for 15 months. Very happy. Looks good, secure (like anything, those with enough desire could probably defeat it), works smoothly with tailgate up or down. Does not interfere with remote tailgate release. Price is good with % off coupon on Mopar parts site. It comes in a huge box. I had parts guy at dealer help me unload it from the carton, took all the pieces, and left them the box (which was too long to fit in my bed).

rcoles871

Reaction score
I’ve had the Mopar hard trifold (made by Bak Industries) for 15 months. Very happy. Looks good, secure (like anything, those with enough desire could probably defeat it), works smoothly with tailgate up or down. Does not interfere with remote tailgate release. Price is good with % off coupon on Mopar parts site. It comes in a huge box. I had parts guy at dealer help me unload it from the carton, took all the pieces, and left them the box (which was too long to fit in my bed).
Got a link or code for Mopar parts site coupon?

bdpeter

Reaction score
I have the Peragon - I like the design and function of it since it doesn't block the back window when folded and can be removed in about 20 seconds if I need the full bed space, although it lets in way more water than my previous BakFlip did on my F150.

Br549

Reaction score
Lomax on my Rebel. I wanted something solid, low profile and easy to take off if I used the whole bed. I had the bakflip on my last truck always had to lift the cover to close the tailgate. lots of good choices just have to find one for your needs.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have the Peragon - I like the design and function of it since it doesn't block the back window when folded and can be removed in about 20 seconds if I need the full bed space, although it lets in way more water than my previous BakFlip did on my F150.
I was looking at that one a few months back since I thought the design was ingenious. I told my neighbor about it and he is getting one for his new Silverado. If I didn't want to spend the money for a Retrax, the Paragon would be my next choice.

RockYacht2020

Reaction score
I bought an inexpensive soft tri-fold off amazon (tyger) and am very happy with it.
My goals were to keep stuff out of view and protected from rain and it does both of those.
Not fancy, not really secure, but fits my needs

Me too, FWIW. Only time I got road noise was 60 mph cross winds heading down I-10 through a dust storm.

gr8srt

Reaction score
roll and lock on 2020, extremely happy with the way it works, have had quad and tri folds in the past - much better.

SpikeMike

Reaction score
I have the GatorTrax MX retractable. (same as Retrax, same company, costs a little less) It's been very handy and keeps things secure. If I was to do it over again, I would get the Bak Revolver X4. Costs a good bit less, still hard material, and my kayaks would fit under it. With the GatorTrax retractable, the box takes up 10 inches of space that my kayaks could use. The hard roll up type doesn't need the box.

Myke

Reaction score
Extang Encore - just installed it, which went well. Like a hard cover over soft, and this one is removable. Hope to help with gas mileage a little bit. Looks good too. Bought it from trailer.com just under $1000 delivered.

Truck = 2020 1500 Rebel Quad Cab 6.4‘ box

Users who are viewing this thread