5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonneau Covers - Leer HF650M vs Lomax Hard Tri-fold vs UnderCover Armor Flex

sylent_snyper

Reaction score
I've got it narrowed down to these 3 covers. I've been searching for a hard folding cover for a few months and I'm ready to pull the trigger. Hoping there's a few of you out there with experience on some of these covers so I can narrow it down to 1.

I've had soft roll ups, hinged soft covers and a soft folding cover in the past. I'm looking for something more secure than the soft covers but need to have something that is fairly easy to remove on the few occasions I have larger cargo. Thanks in advance for your input!

Last edited:

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
I don't have experience with all 3 of these, but I have the Undercover ArmorFlex on my Laramie and really like it. It was easy to install, is definitely secure, and is mostly water tight. I do have a small area where a little water gathers in a rain storm or after a car wash (~6" puddle) at the front of the bed, passenger side.

Cajun_

Reaction score
lomax is great if you want to remove the cover and not block your rear window. Instead of the last panel folding up, the whole cover can be removed by pulling on a latch and just lift the whole thing off the rails. Snaps back on really easily. Its great for when I need to put my fourwheeler in the bed. Mine took a month to actually seal against the bed along the cab.

Nachotaco

Reaction score
I don't have experience with any of these but I've really like my tonno pro hard trifold if you want to look at something a little less expensive.

Ibanez540r

Reaction score
lomax is great if you want to remove the cover and not block your rear window. Instead of the last panel folding up, the whole cover can be removed by pulling on a latch and just lift the whole thing off the rails. Snaps back on really easily. Its great for when I need to put my fourwheeler in the bed. Mine took a month to actually seal against the bed along the cab.
Not necessarily true. Lomax came out with the Stance, which is the same prop up style as the Undercover and the Bacflip (secures a bit different). Can't find much first-hand info on it. I'm between the Stance and the Ultra Flex.

Cajun_

Reaction score
Not necessarily true. Lomax came out with the Stance, which is the same prop up style as the Undercover and the Bacflip (secures a bit different). Can't find much first-hand info on it. I'm between the Stance and the Ultra Flex.
never heard of the stance

vinnieloo

Reaction score
I have regular lomax and like it. Easy to remove and reinstall if needed. Be ready for about 45 lbs. I couldn't bring myself to glue something to the roof so didn't do the lomax stance. It has been fairly waterproof and durable.

Last edited:

Sspearsau

Reaction score
I’m coming from the Truxedo LoPro which served me well on my 2019, but I did not like how I had to unclip it every time I opened my tailgate.

I went with the Lomax Stance on my new truck, and hands down a better all around cover. It’s very easy to open and close. While I wasn’t thrilled about the system to hold it up when fully open, however, it provides more space in the bed by utilizing this system when compared with the Bakflip for example.

So far so good. Working great. Perfect fit. Will see if it can withstand the Florida elements (seems awfully durable).

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I previously had two Bakflips, the finish started to come off after about a year or so on both of them. I would never buy another one. Switched to ArmorFlex and love it, the Linex coating looks better and is extremely durable. IMO it looks more flush than the Lomax too.

You can fold it to get pretty close to full bed access or it can be easily removed completely if you don’t mind lifting 50lbs or so. If you have a helper it’s no issue. I’ve hauled all kinds of things, helped people move and have never needed to completely remove it.

MLB12

Reaction score
I've had the BAK Industries Revolver Series of aluminum roll-ups on my last four Longhorns, including my '21 that I have the X4 on. They're the best roll-up in my experience.
It is quite easy to remove if the need arises-all I did was replace the four stainless steel nuts with 5-point Star knobs that you can buy at Home Depot for about $5.00 each. That way you don't have to carry tools around with you all the time.
The quality of the X4 is very good, the price point also very good, and from my standpoint they are extremely secure.

magnetized

Reaction score
I've got the regular lomax and like it a lot. No leaks on mine and easy to remove when needed. I also had one on my Silverado that did leak slightly and had a smooth finish that got scratched somewhat easily. The one I have now is a textured black that seems much more durable. Only thing is it sits up higher above the bed than my old one did, that's my only complaint.

sylent_snyper

Reaction score
Leaning more and more towards the Leer with the quad panel design. Everything I've seen it allows full bed access in the vertical position, doesn't cover the cargo light when open, and looks like it could be removed completely in relatively short order if needed.

chris288

Reaction score
Ive been researching tonneaus for months,,, I think ive settled on the leer hf350, i really like the extang exceed but if i get one and theres a little hump near the fold I will not be happy. im gong to order in a few weeks when it warms up here..

KevinT

Reaction score
Following this thread - I don't have my Ram yet but plan on getting a cover for the bed. Thanks for the good intel.

sylent_snyper

Reaction score
So a quick update… I placed the order yesterday through Andrew at accessory parts yesterday And the cover was delivered today shortly after lunch. Between the great price and crazy fast and free shipping, I would recommend reaching out to him before they go out of business!

Hopefully the weather cooperates in the next week or two and I can actually get this thing installed. Thanks again for all the help Andrew and I’ll certainly be a return customer.

Nachotaco

Reaction score
So a quick update… I placed the order yesterday through Andrew at accessory parts yesterday And the cover was delivered today shortly after lunch. Between the great price and crazy fast and free shipping, I would recommend reaching out to him before they go out of business!

Hopefully the weather cooperates in the next week or two and I can actually get this thing installed. Thanks again for all the help Andrew and I’ll certainly be a return customer.
thats awesome! how much was the leer?

Users who are viewing this thread