5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonneau Cover (truck newbie)

varnerme

Reaction score
yea updating this thread, i had to remove the MOPAR bed divider to put in my extang solid fold 2.0. I wasnt really fond of the bed divider anyways since it narrowed the bed and it was kinda clunky so gonna sell it off probably. The rail with tie down points are still there

Curious if you sold your bed divider? I was thinking about picking one up.

CHIC

Reaction score
I just had a Line-X bed liner and hard cover installed with the Ram boxes and the utility group. I was a bit worried about the install, as was the Line-X guys since they haven't done one of those yet (utility group and ram boxes). However, the fitment was perfect. The cover slides into the top of the rails and secures with screws near the window (easy access to remove the whole thing). The ram boxes don't contact the cover when open (about an 1/8" clear). If you don't have the ram boxes, then the cover is slightly wider, but should fit the same way. I was actually impressed with how well the Line-X cover fit with the utility group. Super happy with the overall purchase.

Scrambler

Reaction score
I received a Mopar brand soft tonneau cover with the purchase of my 2019 Limited. Ive done three installs over the years and I would not recommend this product. The cab to tailgate length is inappropriately short in that both the cab end seal and the tailgate end seal barely overlap the truck bed surfaces. In addition, there are noticeable gaps around the cab end seal which have allowed water into the spray into the bed (versus a trickle or trace) at highway speed. I purchased and installed additional camper type seal stripping and I'll see how it works out. Overall, the engineering on this product is pretty amateurish.

Users who are viewing this thread