5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonneau Cover Pics

UglyMonk3y

Reaction score
Can you please tell me what finish that is on the cover. Is that the matte black or Urethane finish ?.
The finish is called "urethane." i picked this one to help hide any expected dings or scratches if i load anything on top of it.

Techna

Reaction score
Pace Edwards Ultragroove Metal. Loved the no external latch design and functionality. I switched to a Leer topper, but not because of any shortcomings the tonneau cover may have had. It’s an exceptional choice.

Attachments

• 7AE0EB91-05EF-4A21-B9AA-FB9BE5521F7E.jpeg
    7AE0EB91-05EF-4A21-B9AA-FB9BE5521F7E.jpeg
    129.5 KB · Views: 224
  • FF959BBB-D2FA-4C64-9DB4-DF011A235D40.jpeg
    FF959BBB-D2FA-4C64-9DB4-DF011A235D40.jpeg
    175.9 KB · Views: 224
  • 3E40C84B-2BC7-499C-A224-EFF000DC2C9C.jpeg
    3E40C84B-2BC7-499C-A224-EFF000DC2C9C.jpeg
    233.7 KB · Views: 202
  • 33D59FA3-785C-4ED6-B1FC-B44EDB69DD76.jpeg
    33D59FA3-785C-4ED6-B1FC-B44EDB69DD76.jpeg
    229.3 KB · Views: 213

Greg305

Reaction score
The finish is called "urethane." i picked this one to help hide any expected dings or scratches if i load anything on top of it.
Great looking cover. I went ahead and installed the Lomax cover in urethane finish for the same reason.

Smittyman

Reaction score
Hi everybody, new guy here to the forums. Not sure if this is the correct spot for this post. If not I apologize.

I have a 2021 Ram Rebel with a Diamondback HD tonneau installed. Has anyone installed crossbars on one to allow for carrying more stuff that still allows for using at least one of the sections that fold up when not carrying additional items. I know DB has on the website but looking for additional options if possible.
Thanks.

Smitty

Flyntigr

Reaction score
Posting for anyone interested in the A.R.E. Fusion hard tri-fold tonneau cover. Installed mine 2 weeks ago in about 45 minutes by myself. Took first road trip this past weekend with some light rain. Very few signs of water in the bed that appear to be coming from small openings at the corners closest to the cab. I plan to add some rubber foam in the openings to get it to a near water-tight seal. The Fusion is very well constructed and I was impressed with all of the parts, except the odd plastic end caps for the bed length rails that keep wanting to work their way loose. Not really a big deal as these pieces are just a safeguard from scraping yourself on the aluminum rail edges. The folding action and locking mechanism are very smooth and the cover sits about as flush with the bed edges as it can be. Love that the rear panel doesn't have to be lifted in order to shut the tailgate. Here are some pics.
20210311_142014.jpg

20210311_142040.jpg 20210311_142110.jpg 20210310_130701.jpg

RRDave20

Reaction score
I like the look, but I'm still undecided on a sliding cover or the trifold.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've always had a solid fiberglass tonneau up until now. No hinges in the lid to leak or go bad and a nice solid smooth look, but not the most convenient to remove. It was not a problem 10 years ago but now I'm 10 years older (and in my 50's) and muscling something that size around is not as easy as it used to be. Since this bed is a little shallower and shorter than my last one (my F-250 'short bed' was 6' 9" long) I anticipate taking the lid off more often than before and I'm not interested in the effort or storage space that that takes.

I also did not go with a rolling top as my dad had one and, while it was great, it required care and feeding. That's why I went with a tri-fold (non-flush).

It's my first foray into tri-fold territory so went 'budget' and got a soft one to learn about what I like/don't like about them (construction, fit, ease of use). No drilling, no adjusting mounts, no tracks, no drains to clean.

I may someday get a hard tri-fold but the soft one I have takes 2 minutes to remove, 5 minutes to install, and I can do it myself. It covers my bed, and keeps my contents hidden from prying eyes and dry (no leaks after I installed a tailgate seal). There are others with better frame/clamp design but for $240 shipped to my door it has more than exceeded my expectations.

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
been looking and reading still unsure which hard top to get for s 5.7 bed with rambox

bebrown1075

Reaction score
I just went through a 10 week ordeal trying to get an MX4 Bakflip to work with Rambox. The rails are complete trash and don't work.

Bak sent me 4 sets of rails and still could not get them to work with the silver bug rails.

Bak replaced the cover with an Undercover Armor Flex which is another Truck Hero brand.

Their rails mount completely different than the Bak.

Buyer beware don't buy anything from Tonneau Factory Outlet. When you have a problem with your cover they hang you out to dry and leave you to fend for yourself.

been looking and reading still unsure which hard top to get for s 5.7 bed with rambox

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Here’s my Retrax Pro XR with a Front Runner rack and Rocky Mounts bike fork mounts.

Sharp eyed viewers may also spot my neighbor’s TRX.
C2F1E2AC-6226-4AD2-B62F-C2E40A483D6F.jpeg

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just went through a 10 week ordeal trying to get an MX4 Bakflip to work with Rambox. The rails are complete trash and don't work.

Bak sent me 4 sets of rails and still could not get them to work with the silver bug rails.

Bak replaced the cover with an Undercover Armor Flex which is another Truck Hero brand.

Their rails mount completely different than the Bak.

Buyer beware don't buy anything from Tonneau Factory Outlet. When you have a problem with your cover they hang you out to dry and leave you to fend for yourself.
how do you like the one you got ? pictures?

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is my first truck and first tonneau cover. Didn't know what I needed, but I really wanted a cover to keep my stuff dry. The main thing I decided on was I wanted a hard cover. After a few days of online shopping, I decided to get the TonnoPro trifold hard cover. So far so good. It's been through some thunderstorms and just a little bit of water coming through the tailgate gap. No big deal, I just need to put some seal. It's not bad for less than $600.

I'm still planning on getting a Soft Topper for when I go camping and need more cargo area.

PXL_20210618_163910813.jpg

bebrown1075

Reaction score
how do you like the one you got ? pictures?
Its very similar to any of the other folding covers. I will grab some pics for you. I think the Bakflip is nicer overall.. but the rail design from Undercover is better. The both have similar warranties.

Attachments

• 20210808_225435.jpg
    20210808_225435.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 66

Shawn19

Reaction score
Looking at hard tonneau covers for a 2022 (on order). Leaning toward Gator, but it seems that Gator and Bak say you have to lift the back panel to close the tailgate.

Is there a hard tonneau that offers full bed access when opened that does not require that extra step of lifting the panel to close.

RJS

Reaction score
Looking at hard tonneau covers for a 2022 (on order). Leaning toward Gator, but it seems that Gator and Bak say you have to lift the back panel to close the tailgate.

Is there a hard tonneau that offers full bed access when opened that does not require that extra step of lifting the panel to close.
My Undercover Armor Flex meets those criteria.

bebrown1075

Reaction score

Undercover Armor Flex. I can close my tailgate with the lid closed.

Attachments

• 20210808_225435.jpg
    20210808_225435.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 87

RRDave20

Reaction score

A.R.E Fusion

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I can close my tailgate without opening my Bakflip MX4.

Users who are viewing this thread