5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonneau Cover Pics

JoeEcodiesel

Reaction score
I just got the Rough Country low profile for mine, and it fits great! Idk how it'll do with wet weather because I literally just installed it but reviews seem really good! Very easy to install.

2020 Laramie Ecodiesel, Crew cab, 4x4, Level 2, Night Edition
8cac10fded448cb4894b7b1f3c27d07d.jpg

dd7d95017d65f22ca85f2ee710e100d4.jpg

Last edited:

-Nightwind-

Reaction score
Who has the factory option cover? It seems like an affordable option, but what are your experiences with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Who has the factory option cover? It seems like an affordable option, but what are your experiences with it?

I have the Mopar vinyl cover that came with the truck and the Mopar hard tri fold. My Mopar hard cover leaks like a frigging screen door. The vinyl cover was bone dry went I had it on the truck. The dealer ordered me a new hard cover to see if there’s an issue with the rails or cover being warped...but I think it’s just a crappy fitting cover. I wish I went with another brand or kept the soft cover on. For over $1000 the Mopar hard cover is **** poor. Just my humble opinion.

_StangPGH

Reaction score

I have the optional soft cover that came on my Rebel. The one they charge $650 for. Not sure if this is the same as the Mopar one or not. Either way, I'm not impressed. It's ill fitting, slides around a lot, flaps in the wind, sits too high, leaks at the very back and is not particularly easy to unlatch. No way in hell this is worth what they charge.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Kob0583

Reaction score
d52e439ddba23657585e14bc1fafd578.jpg

Low pro

gotmeahemi

Reaction score
Paragon color matched.
Pros-Easy install, works well, fords up close to cab for hauling, removes for full bed access, easy to replace damaged parts.
Cons-Not totally water tight if that's what you are looking for. View attachment 43651 View attachment 43653

This is the one I’m holding out for. Color matched and all.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Undercover Flex!
Looks amazing, works perfectly and very water tight.
I got lucky and on the day I bought my truck, someone posted this cover on ebay as an opened box (got it for $419).
I'd highly recommend this cover for anyone who is looking for a solid, waterproof and reliable bed cover.
a5605cdf9acd7b567daf26d334476538.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Usa450r

Reaction score
Any issues going through a car wash with these covers? What about the soft ones?

maddog49

Reaction score
The diamondback goes through a carwash fine and still stays sealed up. Its line x'd so I'm not worried about durability.

rsmeanie

Reaction score
I have the Extang Trifecta 2.0 tri-fold tonneau. It’s covered in the same black canvas like convertible tops. It’s a beautiful top but I’ve decided to go in a different direction so it’s for sale. Less than 6 months old. I’m in the Bay Area in CA and will only sell local. Don’t want to ship this. $250. I have the 5’5” bed.

e48efcbb73a26cb5cca8bc69b46a1804.jpg

b8d1def8836ae140a62bb9070c8f343e.jpg

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went with the the RetraxPRO MX retractable Premium Aluminum Series cover.

I plan on keeping this truck for awhile and want the bed cover to last.

Pros:
(1) It has a lock to keep the cargo secure.
(2) Easy to access the bed you can open and close it with one hand.
(3) Paint is baked on so it will hold up to the elements.
(4) Able to put Decals on the bed... :cool:

Cons:
(1) Expensive: Price: $1,829.00
(2) In heavy rain or washing the truck get some leakage around the tailgate. :cry:

tonneau_cover_flag.png

Cravenfan

Reaction score
I have the optional soft cover that came on my Rebel. The one they charge $650 for. Not sure if this is the same as the Mopar one or not. Either way, I'm not impressed. It's ill fitting, slides around a lot, flaps in the wind, sits too high, leaks at the very back and is not particularly easy to unlatch. No way in hell this is worth what they charge.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Interesting, my tri-fold soft cover works well...never had an issue of flapping, normal water enters in near corners of tailgate, but other than that, it has held up well. Suffice to say I'm still getting a Retrax Pro MX added to my truck, so if anyone wants a soft, tri-fold cover, IM me with an offer.

Reverse

Reaction score
I went with the the RetraxPRO MX retractable Premium Aluminum Series cover.

I plan on keeping this truck for awhile and want the bed cover to last.

Pros:
(1) It has a lock to keep the cargo secure.
(2) Easy to access the bed you can open and close it with one hand.
(3) Paint is baked on so it will hold up to the elements.
(4) Able to put Decals on the bed... :cool:

Cons:
(1) Expensive: Price: $1,829.00
(2) In heavy rain or washing the truck get some leakage around the tailgate. :cry:

View attachment 43746

I have the same cover, but in 'One' trim (not aluminum, but 'plastic'). That flag looks awesome. Did you apply that yourself?

Mine leaks near tailgate as well, but all covers do that. Putting on a weatherstrip this weekend to limit the leakage.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the same cover, but in 'One' trim (not aluminum, but 'plastic'). That flag looks awesome. Did you apply that yourself?

Mine leaks near tailgate as well, but all covers do that. Putting on a weatherstrip this weekend to limit the leakage.
Thanks for the compliment... (y)

I worked with SignGuy Atlanta to cut and design the flag decal and assist with the install.

I need to purchase some weatherstripping as well...

Users who are viewing this thread