5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonneau cover cleaning

rrjjpp74

Reaction score
What does everyone use to keep there soft covers clean? Looking for a good product that don't run or dry out always and not greasy.

rrjjpp74

Reaction score
I have heard alot of good about that 303 aerospace. Does it last long and does it streak down the bed sides?

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the 3M Vinyl Cleaner/Conditioneer that I use on my boat seats. I'm going to try it on my tonneau cover this weekend...it works well on the seats.

dsn112

Reaction score
I have heard alot of good about that 303 aerospace. Does it last long and does it streak down the bed sides?

I don't know how it would streak down the bed sides, unless you are pouring it on. It is a spray on wipe off. I do it 3-4 times a year.

taz2016

Reaction score
i wash it off with normal car wash soap and then wipe it down with 303 aerospace afterwards.
What they said. Used 303 on my last soft tonneau cover and it looked like new after 9 years. I do store my truck in a garage though.

tcm4950

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What does everyone use to keep there soft covers clean? Looking for a good product that don't run or dry out always and not greasy.
I use some black convertible
top cleaner that I had left over from an.old ride....

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
Just adding another vote for 303 Aerospace. Very easy and I've gotten no streaking. And it's a great product for interiors, exterior plastics, even tires if you like. It adds a clean, deep finish that is not overly glossy.

RBJ

Reaction score
I clean the soft try-fold tonneau cover that came with my 2021 RAM with regular car wash or Mopar vinyl and rubber cleaner and for a protectant use Tonneau Tonic made by Extang. 1615894531832.png

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I clean the soft try-fold tonneau cover that came with my 2021 RAM with regular car wash or Mopar vinyl and rubber cleaner and for a protectant use Tonneau Tonic made by Extang. View attachment 85894
Somewhere in my readings or phone calls I am under the impression that Tonno Tonic and 303 are the same. I have no written/internet that I can think of to back up my statement.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Another Aerospace 303 user.

My tonneau instructions say to wash only with soap and water and specifically not to use vinyl conditioners that have silicone or petroleum.

Aerospace 303 does not have any of those "vinyl conditioners".

KCViper

Reaction score
Anyone ever use Adams VRT (Vinyl/Rubber/Trim)? I use a lot of Adams products and have been happy. Just got the truck and waiting to install my BAK Revolver X4s and thinking about what product to use on it. I've heard good things about 303, so just curious to get more thoughts. Thanks!

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Anyone ever use Adams VRT (Vinyl/Rubber/Trim)? I use a lot of Adams products and have been happy. Just got the truck and waiting to install my BAK Revolver X4s and thinking about what product to use on it. I've heard good things about 303, so just curious to get more thoughts. Thanks!
I like 303, use it for my trim and tonneau but it is not use it and forget it. Has to be applied on a regular basis. Goes on easy, don't need much, you don't want to leave any behind.

Users who are viewing this thread